View Single Post
Old 04-14-2014, 11:52 PM
cpachris's PC Specs

POST ID # = 705493
cpachris Reputation: 30

Here are the photos of the fan combinations behind the pink hex mesh of the case. For each combination, I have a series of two pictures. First I show the fan without the case cover on (so you can tell which one it is), and then a second picture of the exact same fan with the pink cover on the case. If you're like me, my favorite fan combinations changed once I saw them behind the pink hex mesh. That's why I'll probably end up with two different combinations of fan colors in this build.

Black frame, nickel ring, pink blades:

Black frame, nickel ring, nickel blades:

Black frame, nickel ring, black blades:

Black frame, pink ring, black blades:

Black frame, pink ring, pink blades:

Black frame, pink ring, nickel blades:

Pink frame, nickel ring, black blades:

Pink frame, nickel ring, pink blades:

Pink frame, nickel ring, nickel blades:

These next ones have the nickel frame, and were not included in my solo fan shots. Purely by accident.

Nickel frame, pink ring, black blades:

Nickel frame, pink ring, pink blades:

Nickel frame, pink ring, nickel blades:

Find your favorite fan from the previous shots in the ones above, and see if it is still your favorite fan when it's behind the pink hex mesh. For me...I think the nickel and pink colors provide lots more contrast and pop when behind the pink mesh. I like to see the shape of the fan behind the mesh, and with the black color, you really can't. It just blends away like it's not there. I like to see them! For the ones behind the mesh....I think one of my favorites is the black frames, pink ring and nickel blades. I like how the frame disappears into the black...and you are left with the pink circle that really pops, and then the more subtle color of the nickel blades that show up well behind the pink hex mesh.

For the ones inside the case/radiators (not behind the pink hex mesh), I'm not sure which ones are my favorite.

I know Jenn is peeking in and looking at pictures, so now is your chance to influence her decision with wise counsel. :)