Corsair Community

Corsair Gaming and the Logo

Yellowbeard

We announced our new Corsair Gaming line of products yesterday. If you missed the announcement you can learn more at CorsairGaming.com. The Corsair Gaming is a new product line that was created focusing on core gamers.

Some customers have asked what this means for the Corsair “Sails” logo. Never fear! The original Corsair logo is alive and well and will continue to be used on all Corsair PC component products, nothing changed.

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You are gauging your opinion on a few threads on the internet. There are plenty of people that like the change in structure and the accompanying logo. They just aren't spamming the net about it.

Corsair has thrived for years because we actually do listen to our customers. The logo is not going to just disappear but we do realize that "some" customers are unhappy. We can't act on this information overnight, Corsair Gaming just launched yesterday. We'll assess what needs to happen as we move forward.

but we do realize that "some" customers are unhappy,

I understand from a business point of view (investments, stock, etc) that nothing is going to happen for quite awhile. But don't say only "some" users are complaining... That seems very in denial since almost 2,000 people have already signed a petition that started yesterday.

Also, not trying to be mean or anything but I don't see anyone defending / truly liking the new logo, they're either saying they don't care or giving others "solutions" to cover it up...

It just seems ugly the way you wrote that.

1) How did I get my K70 RGB keyboard with a very unobtrusive black logo, as opposed to the ones on the website now.

2) Was anything else changed, or was it a just logo modification on the manufacturing design?

Note: My Opinion: I see that some users are wasting time publicly airing their personal tastes going on about something that works, where I think they would be better served going after a product that does not work correctly.

They should see my other "3rd party" keyboard (the distracting lighted logo you do not see until you buy it and plug it in) is a beacon I can see coming into the room, whose only purpose to me with the monitor off is to know whether my PC is on or off when I enter the room! (and I am justified there to have a piece of tape there to cover it when I type.)

I understand from a business point of view (investments, stock, etc) that nothing is going to happen for quite awhile. But don't say only "some" users are complaining... That seems very in denial since almost 2,000 people have already signed a petition that started yesterday.

It just seems ugly the way you wrote that.

2000 people is a noticeable number. As I said we listen. But, it is a microscopic portion of the amount of gaming enthusiasts in the world that are aware of and/or are customers using Corsair gaming peripherals.

So yes. "SOME" users are complaining. Others are complimenting.

1) How did I get my K70 RGB keyboard with a very unobtrusive black logo, as opposed to the ones on the website now.

2) Was anything else changed, or was it a just logo modification on the manufacturing design?

Note: My Opinion: I see that some users are wasting time publicly airing their personal tastes going on about something that works, where I think they would be better served going after a product that does not work correctly.

They should see my other "3rd party" keyboard (the distracting lighted logo you do not see until you buy it and plug it in) is a beacon I can see coming into the room, whose only purpose to me with the monitor off is to know whether my PC is on or off when I enter the room! (and I am justified there to have a piece of tape there to cover it when I type.)

1: You ordered from our early stock made with the original branding

2: The KBs are EXACTLY the same except for the logo.

Thanks also for the opinion. We ARE listening. ::pirate::

2000 people is a noticeable number. As I said we listen. But, it is a microscopic portion of the amount of gaming enthusiasts in the world that are aware of and/or are customers using Corsair gaming peripherals.

So yes. "SOME" users are complaining. Others are complimenting.

No Offense but if you take a look at your CorsairGaming Facebook page and any other enthusiast forum you will see that the portion of people complaining is way bigger than "Microscopic", I personally wont be buying the K70 RGB that I was planning to get soon if I dont find one with the Original logo in stock.

No Offense but if you take a look at your CorsairGaming Facebook page and any other enthusiast forum you will see that the portion of people complaining is way bigger than "Microscopic", I personally wont be buying the K70 RGB that I was planning to get soon if I dont find one with the Original logo in stock.

Do you have any idea how many PC gamers there are in the world??? :confused:

You just seem to be in denial over how much disgust there is for the new logo. Tons of people are saying they were going to get a Corsair RGB product and now they are NOT. There's nothing worse than that for a company trying to sell a new product. The people that are vocalizing about this are the people that care most about Corsair. They are not "spamming" or "microscopic", they are a perfect slice and sample of your customers.

You just seem to be in denial over how much disgust there is for the new logo. Tons of people are saying they were going to get a Corsair RGB product and now they are NOT. There's nothing worse than that for a company trying to sell a new product. The people that are vocalizing about this are the people that care most about Corsair. They are not "spamming" or "microscopic", they are a perfect slice and sample of your customers.

Here's what it boils down to. The logo is NOT going away. We have a plan and we're executing it. Period.

As I've noted above, we are listening and we do care. We know some people are unhappy. But, as also noted, the plan just launched yesterday. We are not going to rush into some knee-jerk reaction based on a statistically insignificant number.

Google PC gamers and you'll find numbers ranging from 15 million to 711 million PC gamers on the planet.

Not that many gamers that can afford a $170 + keyboard, the thing is that you guys are alienating your non "Gamers" customers who dont want a tacky logo and "Gaming"

Here's what it boils down to. The logo is NOT going away. We have a plan and we're executing it. Period.

As I've noted above, we are listening and we do care. We know some people are unhappy. But, as also noted, the plan just launched yesterday. We are not going to rush into some knee-jerk reaction based on a statistically insignificant number.

Google PC gamers and you'll find numbers ranging from 15 million to 711 million PC gamers on the planet.

Oh WOW, thank you for calling us Insignificant, just wow :bigeyes:, this just seals it for me, a Corsair customer no longer I am, thank you.

The new "gaming" logo is absolutely disgusting. From a design perspective (and its what i do) its terribly too big, wont fit on anything well, and its just fugly. Seriously kotaku called it... "tramp stamp".

I want a K70 RGB but not with this logo. I dont even think the sail logo fits well on the k70 either but this looks terrible.

I dont know. I think hardware makers would want to copy logo styles from bad *** sci fi movie fake computer props. thats what i want in my computer case.

if they was going to change it.

http://www.vis-atk.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/wipeout_game_icon-02.jpg

or tron

http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2013/088/c/f/tron_iso_male_by_napalmgoboom-d5zr07w.png

/-KaA7hkYI5_I/TmMymoiz8eI/AAAAAAAAACY/NhP1k5w_xfk/s1600/POA+tron+edition+2.jpg

http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110116023238/tron/images/8/88/ENCOM_Tower02.png

http://cdn.gunaxin.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/Weyland-Yutani.jpg

http://2.bp.*************/-KaA7hkYI5_I/TmMymoiz8eI/AAAAAAAAACY/NhP1k5w_xfk/s1600/POA+tron+edition+2.jpg

After I got off of work yesterday, I immediately ordered the keyboard when I got home. I've been waiting for this keyboard since it was announced at CES last year. I didn't realize until today about the logo... glad I caught it soon... canceling my order tomorrow since the offices are closed at this time. I'll wait until they release one with the original logo...

At the very least they could've provided an optional template of the original logo to swap out with the new one... preferably not adhesive... magnetized would be better or just something as a solution... Much like Computer Case badges. I don't get how it was a good idea in the first place to put especially a color that you HAVE to deal with that wouldn't match your color scheme when the whole idea behind RGB was to be optional and customizable. The yellow "gaming" should've been neutral if anything... like the logo... I despise it overall...

perhaps one area is being over looked,a company generates ideas on their products from the wants/needs of the majority but views here are of the one or the few .

rather than bad mouth a great product simply because of a ''logo'',why not organize things to get Corsair to offer individual logos apart from the product.

now,even tho Ive offered a better resolution,,,issue a bad rating simply because my opinion differs

I've been looking at close-ups of the new logo on the K70 RGB and it almost appears to be a snap-in piece. If that's the case, maybe Corsair could make another plate to take its place and mail out replacements to customers. If the logo is permanently attached to the keyboard then maybe Corsair could produce a rubberized/plastic badge like I have attached to the front of my case. The sail design is timeless and I love it, and the letter styling is classic. Corsair could make a similar rectangle badge with the classic Corsair logo and mail those out to customers who request one.

I've been looking at close-ups of the new logo on the K70 RGB and it almost appears to be a snap-in piece. If that's the case, maybe Corsair could make another plate to take its place and mail out replacements to customers. If the logo is permanently attached to the keyboard then maybe Corsair could produce some of those rubberized/plastic stickers that I have attached to the front of my case. The sail design is timeless and I love it, and the letter style is classic. Corsair could make a similar rectangle patch with the classic Corsair logo and mail those out to customers who request one.

a very sensible alternative allowing users to have best of both worlds...

We announced our new Corsair Gaming line of products yesterday. If you missed the announcement you can learn more at CorsairGaming.com. The Corsair Gaming is a new product line that was created focusing on core gamers.

Some customers have asked what this means for the Corsair “Sails” logo. Never fear! The original Corsair logo is alive and well and will continue to be used on all Corsair PC component products, nothing changed.

Actually I kind of like the new gaming LOGO, Get with it peps, quit being Obamanots. Looks Cool...

Archived