Corsair Community

K70 mk.2 keyboard

Violents

• Corsair Employee
  • Corsair Employee
OH fck me, i bought the k70 rapidfire 3 weeks ago, anybody can tell me is there any actual difference apart of the lighted corsair logo and the wrist rest versus the one i have at the moment?

The MK.2 keyboards now comes with hardware playback like the K95 Platinum, so you can store 3 different profiles if you plan to use the keyboard on a different system without iCUE installed, and the X panel on the bottom for cable routing. There is also an SE model with a silver aluminum housing and white PBT keycaps.

Saw the SE model at Best Buy today. White with PBT keycaps. Corsair sure knows how to tempt users away from their money.

I'm using a Strafe and I like the silent switches tho... I did see the Strafe Mk.2 over there. Very tempting.

Everywhere I've looked online for the K70 MK.2 Cherry MX Silent has none in inventory, even the Corsair store.

Is this typical for a Corsair keyboard? Any idea how long I takes for inventory to typically be replaced on Amazon???

Everywhere I've looked online for the K70 MK.2 Cherry MX Silent has none in inventory, even the Corsair store.

Is this typical for a Corsair keyboard? Any idea how long I takes for inventory to typically be replaced on Amazon???

It was launched about a week ago so you might have to give it some time for Stock to build up. Petty normal for any Corsair.

• Corsair Employee

If there is enough demand for a K65 Mk2 it might be possible. I've been asking for Cherry MX Browns in the K65 for a while now myself so hopefully if we do come out with a Mk2 version it'll offer more switch choices!

Will there ever be a K65 mk.2? Maybe with Cherry MX Browns as an option as well?

Will there ever be a K65 mk.2? Maybe with Cherry MX Browns as an option as well?

I've been wondering about that all afternoon. Since the Mk.2 is essentially a color plate upgrade (good) and onboard memory (good), there really isn't a downside. I guess it depends on how many M65s they sell each year.

I keep hoping that I’ll see the Cherry MX Silent become available soon. I stopped by my local retailer, a big blue store, and they had three K70 MK.2 Cherry MX keyboards on the shelves and the price was marked at $119. I was SOOOO tempted to pick one up- but I really need the quieter switches. IF ONLY they were the Cherry MX Silents...

Im about to buy a new Corsair keyboard and here's my question. Would you buy K95 Platinum or K70 Mk.2?. Here where I live with a discount on 95K Platinum they are available for the same price.

Advantages of K70 Mk.2

-PBT Double-shot keycaps

Advantages of K95 Platinum:

- Macros

- Light bar

I'm just a little bit worried that soon there will be k95 Platinum refresh and it will not be all that flagship. Don't get me wrong I'm not paranoid, it's just the difference between old K70 RGB Rapidfire and K95 Platinum was huge. With K70 Mk.2 available it's not that big. It's even more arguable if it comes to durability of PBT double-shot keycaps which K95 Platinum lacks. Guess I answered my question a little bit, but what's your opinion?

Im about to buy a new Corsair keyboard and here's my question. Would you buy K95 Platinum or K70 Mk.2?. Here where I live with a discount on 95K Platinum they are available for the same price.

Advantages of K70 Mk.2

-PBT Double-shot keycaps

Advantages of K95 Platinum:

- Macros

- Light bar

Only the white version has the double shot PBT key caps. While I like the feel, it does have an effect on the lighting. You probably want to see this before committing.

You can do macros on all the keyboards, but the K95P has the 6 "G-keys" on the left side. Their worth may depend on how many macros you need. Some people can get by with using F-keys. I thought I would like the G-keys with gaming, but the left hand movement while on WASD is not as comfortable as I thought.

It is basically the light bar and the G-keys. I loved the light bar at first, but in time it was a bit bright for most things and I end lighting only the 3 panels under the Corsair logo. Funny enough, that is what the MK.2 does. I would say this decision hinges on the value of the G-keys.

There are not going to tell us if a K95 Platinum II is on the way. One day it will be on the front page, but until them. Depending on where you are, I have seen K95P models at a meaningfully lower cost the retail sticker on the MK.2. So back to the G-keys again...

Only the white version has the double shot PBT key caps.

Don't know why I have missed out on that. Guess the choice is easier now because I like the black version more.

You can do macros on all the keyboards, but the K95P has the 6 "G-keys" on the left side.

My mistake. I meant the "G-keys" of course.

It is basically the light bar and the G-keys.

Indeed it's not a lot of advantages right now, but it's still something extra.

There are not going to tell us if a K95 Platinum II is on the way. One day it will be on the front page, but until them. Depending on where you are, I have seen K95P models at a meaningfully lower cost the retail sticker on the MK.2. So back to the G-keys again...

The only thing I don't like about Corsair is the fact that suddenly one day there's a new product without any notification. But at least for now it seems they want K95 Platinum to be slightly more premium product even if it's just G-keys and light bar. Also I found time limited promotion and K95 Platinum is about 30$ cheaper than K70 Mk.2 here where I live. Guess I'll go with K95 Platinum then. Still it's nice to see further improvements of their products.

K95 Platinum is about 30$ cheaper than K70 Mk.2 here where I live. Guess I'll go with K95 Platinum then. Still it's nice to see further improvements of their products.

Yup, that make it a pretty easy choice. I would not expect to see a new K95 drop next week. The current Platinum version came out quite a while after the LUX revision and I rode my K70 until finally being seduced by the light bar. There also is the question of what they would do to the K95 platform to merit a new product. You would need a new light technology or something to make it worth the development. More practical might be a return to the 18 G keys or make it a super-macro, high productivity board in some other way. If so, the new one may not have a lot in common with the current model. Regardless, I think you made a good decision. I have been thinking about keyboards all week and have been rotating through my K70 Rapifire PBT, K95P Rapidfire, and K95P Cherry Brown. The K70 PBT is fun and that is what I use as a "portable" keyboard. Even though is essentially the same platform, somehow the K95Ps feel more stable on the desk. That more than anything else about key caps and switches makes it a nice feel.

Archived