Corsair Community

Corsair H80i fans not showing up in Corsair Link.

TuffGnarl

Hey there,

This is my first post here.

Today I've installed the H80i to replace the substandard liquid cooler I already had. The hardware part was fine and after some initial fiddlyness I've managed to get the H80i pump to show up in Corsair Link.

However, I can't see the fans. There is fans listed, but they're under the names tmpin0, tmpin1 and tmpin2. As I understand it that's motherboard, CPU and something else respectively.

Is this what I'm supposed to be seeing?

Also, do I have to change the fan modes? I bought the H80i because my factory clocked I7 3820 was hitting 72-75C whilst playing GTA V.

Thank you for any responses.

This is ridiculous. I updated the Link software to the latest version. All of the drivers etc are installed. But now I can't see the fans or the pump.

I spent £80 on this cooler and I don't appear to be able to control it. The fans are at a constant high speed, albeit keeping the CPU at a decent temperature.

Is there another way to control fan speed, software wise?

Pertinent info is needed in order to assist and address your issue such as computer specs,Os and link version your using.,,it may be helpful to know what steps you have taken so far to diagnose things.

what steps were taken to update,,,ect,, explain please

Is there another way to control fan speed, software wise?

With CL it either works or it doesn't and when it doesn't there is no way to tell what the issue is. There are many posts about trying different things. I felt this was not ideal, so I extended my SIV utility to provide such information. If you post the screen shots mentioned in http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=140665 then this should help isolate the CL issue.

I found CL would also not detect some of my CL hardware so I also extended SIV to report and control my CL hardware.

You also should setup you PC specs even though the SIV screen shots will tell us most of this.

Ok.

I have an Alienware Aurora R4 with an I7 3820, MSI GTX 970 AND 16GB of Corsair Vengeance Pro RAM. I'm running Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit.

After installing the cooler yesterday I downloaded the latest version of CL. That didn't show either the pump or the fans. Following some information from a friend I switched back to 2.5 or 2.6 and managed to see the pump but not the fans. The drivers are correctly installed as is the Corsair USB dongle.

In terms of the hardware install I'm using the two Corsair fans in a push pull around the radiator at the back of my machine, I opted to use them as an exhaust as the intake fan in the Aurora is very difficult to get at. I have the two fans connected to the pump hub as instructed with the provided splitter cable. The power is connected again as instructed and the CPU fan controller cable is connected to the "CPU Fan" head. The Link USB connection is connected to an internal USB head as well.

I'll give SIV utility a shot.

I'm not entirely sure what it is I'm supposed to be doing with SIV although I should say that according to the USB Bus section the "Corsair Integrated USB Bridge" is connected. Under device information however it says "I/O Error 31 A device attached to the system is not functioning".

Ah, I/O Error 31. I suspect you may need to set EnhancedPowerManagementEnabled to zero and Restart the device. Exit CL and then from the [uSB Bus] panel press [Link Devices], uncheck EnhancedPowerManagementEnabled and press [Restart]. If you now return to [uSB Bus] has the I/O Error 31 gone? If not while the system is powered on unplug the H80i from the SATA power connector, after 10 seconds reconnect it and check [uSB Bus] again.

If you exit SIV and restart it does it report the H80i? If you exit SIV and run CL does it find it?

This is my best shot given what you said, but I really need to see the screen shots as specified on my website.

You should put you PC Specs in your profile, not post them.

I saw you help another user who had the EnhancedPowerManagementEnabled issue, But weirdly I don't have the device parameter tickboxes in the first place. I'll attach a screen.

http://i.imgur.com/wMZ4XLv.png

http://i.imgur.com/5EbiJgJ.png

Ah, I have just noticed you said Windows 7. As I said twice before You should put you PC Specs in your profile. When you don't do this it is a PITA and easy to miss things.

My Corsair Integrated USB Bridge is also connected via a Intel® X79 Chipset USB EHCI Host Controller on a W7 system. Given this and the I/O error 31 I think there may be an issue with your H80i hardware. How long have you had the H80i and has it ever worked? I feel you should contact Corsair support with a view to an RMA.

Looking at the screen that shows the H80i I can tell it worked for a while and the started getting transfer errors @ 18:03:30. I wonder if the USB cable is loose so unplug/re-plug both ends and see if that improves things.

Having screen shots really does help

Ah, I have just noticed you said Windows 7. As I said twice before You should put you PC Specs in your profile. When you don't do this it is a PITA and easy to miss things.

My Corsair Integrated USB Bridge is also connected via a Intel® X79 Chipset USB EHCI Host Controller on a W7 system. Given this and the I/O error 31 I think there may be an issue with your H80i hardware. How long have you had the H80i and has it ever worked? I feel you should contact Corsair support with a view to an RMA.

Looking at the screen that shows the H80i I can tell it worked for a while and the started getting transfer errors @ 18:03:30. I wonder if the USB cable is loose so unplug/re-plug both ends and see if that improves things.

Having screen shots really does help

I did put my specs into my profile. I can see them, but for whatever reason they haven't appeared as a dropdown on my posts.

I got the hardware yesterday. Different elements of it have worked with those different versions of CL and it is cooling. If I allow the Alienware thermal software to control the CPU fans it does speed up and slowdown in response to temperature changes.

I removed both ends of the USB shortly before your reply, although I was unable to disconnect the SATA whilst the machine was on because of it's location. It's still appearing in the Link Status.

Oddly enough the fans and pump have shown up in CL and the tickboxes have appeared in Link Devices. I/0 error is still present however.

http://i.imgur.com/2OgQFES.png

http://i.imgur.com/TrbaqJ9.png

http://i.imgur.com/BB5jtLl.png

http://i.imgur.com/MBAkgy8.png

http://i.imgur.com/0vEOPdP.png

You should not get betting the I/O Error 31. Until this is resolved I expect your H80i will not work as it should. I would call Corsair support. Looking in the header file this is:

//
// MessageId: ERROR_GEN_FAILURE
//
// MessageText:
//
//  A device attached to the system is not functioning.
//
#define ERROR_GEN_FAILURE                31L

something is not working as it should.

• 2 weeks later...
You should not get betting the I/O Error 31. Until this is resolved I expect your H80i will not work as it should. I would call Corsair support. Looking in the header file this is:

//
// MessageId: ERROR_GEN_FAILURE
//
// MessageText:
//
//  A device attached to the system is not functioning.
//
#define ERROR_GEN_FAILURE                31L

something is not working as it should.

I completely forgot to respond to this thread. Had a very busy week with my end of year final exam.

Anyway, In the end I didn't manage to find the time to get in touch with Corsair.

In the meantime I got rid of CL and allowed the existing thermal software to handle the fans and pump. It's working quite well with my highest loaded temperature so far being 52C.

I think the issue may well be with the USB cable, or the connections it's attached to.

I'd like to thank you for your help though. Your utility program is fantastic and it was nice to get such swift and concise advice!

Archived