Corsair Community

Cherry MX Silent + o-rings?

WanderG

My new strafe rgb silent arrived today, and so far I'm very happy with it

It's my first mechanical keyboard, I never got one before because of the noise they make

While the noise-reduction of the cherry mx silent isn't bad at all, I'm curious how much quieter they get when you add o-rings to these

Is there anyone who also has this keyboard, and o-rings lying around (either .2mm or .4mm, or both!) who could try it out, possibly even making a video of it? I'd be very grateful

On a side note: would o-rings on an rgb-keyboard interfere with the lighting coming through the number/symbol keys?

They shouldn't if you get clear O-rings but that being said they would only dampen the bottoming out sound of the keyboard

Thanks for your reply, I didn't run into any clear o-rings, though I didn't look that well for them

While I can hear sounds coming from the keys when I type, I'm not actually sure from which stage of pressing a key it's coming from or what's causing it

So whether dampening the "bottoming out sound" is what I'm looking for, I've no idea

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

This would be interesting yes! The strange part is how they could make a silent keyboard but forget the space? Its lounder then all the other 5 kyboards im chosing from and these are not even silent boards.

I have looked other the space button and it seems like its the "stabilisators" that makes the noise. It should be possible to place oring there but im not sure that it will solve the problem. It might as whell be that part in the "stabilisator" that the caps holder goes into and I cant see a easy fix there.

This would be interesting yes! The strange part is how they could make a silent keyboard but forget the space? Its lounder then all the other 5 kyboards im chosing from and these are not even silent boards.

I have looked other the space button and it seems like its the "stabilisators" that makes the noise. It should be possible to place oring there but im not sure that it will solve the problem. It might as whell be that part in the "stabilisator" that the caps holder goes into and I cant see a easy fix there.

TBH stabilizers are always going to run the silence of a switch. Orings will help but I personally dont think its worth the trouble. If your going to Oring the stabilizers might as well as do the whole board.

• 6 months later...
Just got 2 sets of those exact above linked o rings...put them on browns at office and trying for a day. Will report back my findings shortly. I like it so far, but I think itll make a bigger difference at home on reds. Cool feeling so far, nicer on the finger tips.

Archived