The Corsair User Forums

The Corsair User Forums (https://forum.corsair.com/forums/index.php)
-   CORSAIR ONE (https://forum.corsair.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=278)
-   -   New Intel Vulnerability (https://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=187500)

MadHatch 05-16-2019 04:54 PM

New Intel Vulnerability
 
With the confirmation of a new security vulnerability in Intel CPUs, the MDS group of issues, will the 2017/2018 Corsair One be getting a BIOS update to address this?

Corsair Mint 05-20-2019 05:19 PM

Hi MadHatch,

Our team is aware of the issue and are looking into the matter.

MadHatch 05-21-2019 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Corsair Mint (Post 1005146)
Hi MadHatch,

Our team is aware of the issue and are looking into the matter.

Thank you :biggrin:

MadHatch 05-28-2019 04:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Corsair Mint (Post 1005146)
Hi MadHatch,

Our team is aware of the issue and are looking into the matter.


Sorry to bug again about this: but if there is NO issue with this that needs fixing, will the team let us know that as well?

Corsair CJ 05-29-2019 01:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MadHatch (Post 1005972)
Sorry to bug again about this: but if there is NO issue with this that needs fixing, will the team let us know that as well?

Yes, we'll let you know that as well if that's the case.

darkness 06-11-2019 03:05 PM

There are readily available tools to check if your system is vulnerable to the new Intel MDS issues, and I have run these checks, and YES the "old" Corsair One 2017/2018 models are indeed vulnerable to this. So please Corsair, can we have a new BIOS that has the needed fixes in it? These MDS issues are very serious.

BCE 06-12-2019 01:10 AM

Any timeline for a BIOS update to address the MDS vulnerabilities? Microsoft has already implemented OS level patches but they depend on CPU microcode updates to take effect.

Corsair CJ 06-12-2019 12:46 PM

Current model CORSAIR ONE systems have new BIOS versions available to address these vulnerabilities.

Here's my post about it: http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=187954

We're currently working with our motherboard partner for similar BIOS updates on other CORSAIR systems and previous generation CORSAIR ONE.

MadHatch 06-12-2019 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Corsair CJ (Post 1007783)
Current model CORSAIR ONE systems have new BIOS versions available to address these vulnerabilities.

Here's my post about it: http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=187954

We're currently working with our motherboard partner for similar BIOS updates on other CORSAIR systems and previous generation CORSAIR ONE.

Thank you :biggrin:

MadHatch 06-30-2019 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Corsair CJ (Post 1007783)
Current model CORSAIR ONE systems have new BIOS versions available to address these vulnerabilities.

Here's my post about it: http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=187954

We're currently working with our motherboard partner for similar BIOS updates on other CORSAIR systems and previous generation CORSAIR ONE.

Just checked this page for updates, and I have a question -

I have a (according the label on the bottom of my machine) a "Corsair One Pro CS-9000011" which has the Intel 7700K and Z270 MB. Obviously no new BIOS has been released? So my question is this: is this machine at risk, or do I not need to worry? The released BIOS's for the 2017/2018 C-Ones seem to be aimed at the 8700 processors - or am I missing something?

MadHatch 06-30-2019 11:32 AM

Ok, having had a read of this - yes the 7th Gen processors are at risk :[pouts:

https://software.intel.com/security-...msrs#MDS-CPUID

Corsair CJ 07-03-2019 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MadHatch (Post 1009804)
Ok, having had a read of this - yes the 7th Gen processors are at risk :[pouts:

https://software.intel.com/security-...msrs#MDS-CPUID

Z270 motherboards require slightly different flashing procedure. We'll post when that's available.

MadHatch 07-03-2019 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Corsair CJ (Post 1010227)
Z270 motherboards require slightly different flashing procedure. We'll post when that's available.

Thank you :):

MadHatch 07-17-2019 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Corsair CJ (Post 1010227)
Z270 motherboards require slightly different flashing procedure. We'll post when that's available.

Sorry to bump the thread - but is there is any news for those of us with C1's with 7th Gen Processors and Z270 motherboards?

Corsair CJ 07-18-2019 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MadHatch (Post 1011575)
Sorry to bump the thread - but is there is any news for those of us with C1's with 7th Gen Processors and Z270 motherboards?

Hey MadHatch, no updates quite yet. As soon as I have something to share, I'll update y'all.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:01 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.