Corsair Community

Will corsair K70 last as long as its cherry switches will?

GammaLazer

Hi I want to get 5 mechanical + 5 Non Mechanical Keyboards for my studio. I am quite impressed by the looks of Corsair k70 red LED Cherry MX Brown. But after reading on most forums I have come to know that most durable keyboards are non backlit and in backlit ones Ducky and CM Storm are most durables.

I want that if I spend over $600 for mech keyboards then they should last atleast 5-6 years (including leds if possible).

So my question is if this keyboard Corsair k70 Red LED is as durable as filco or ducky ones?

Thanks

Well, I never had filco or ducky keyboards but I can certainly say that the K70 I have is top build quality compared to several other keyboards I had in the past.

Are the old logo and red led ones still in production and what about the led's, are they durable?

They are mainly producing the new gaming logo now, they do some runs of the old logo once in a while though.

As for leds there have been some problems with the blue leds in the past, the red ones should be just fine.

Is corsair manufacturing K70 with single led and new logo along with RGB ones?

Is corsair manufacturing K70 with single led and new logo along with RGB ones?

I don't work for Corsair so I can't really answer this question, but from what I've seen they are indeed still producing them. Maybe they produce a batch of RGB ones and then a batch of red leds, that's how it usually works.

Both red LED keyboards and RGB keyboards are currently being made.

Is the 'Back-Lit Blue LED, Cherry MX Red (CH-9000085-NA)' still being made, or has it been discontinued? :D:

If it's been discontinued, what is the reason?

Thanks!

Is the 'Back-Lit Blue LED, Cherry MX Red (CH-9000085-NA)' still being made, or has it been discontinued? :D:

If it's been discontinued, what is the reason?

Thanks!

All editions with blue LED's have been discontinued. There's no official word but on most forums it is said that the led dying problem was in blue versions only and Corsair was tired of replacing them so it stopped it's production. Users were given red in rma replacements.

You can call it silent recall.

Archived