Corsair Community

Force SATA 2 FW update error (2.0 -> 2.4)

icsterm

I have the last year F60 drive, it came with 1.1 firmware and I upgraded it to 2.0 some 10 months ago using the alternate method in step 5 of the PDF instructions manual.

How I'm trying to update my drive to 2.4 but error occurs, I have Intel RST v9 and last update for 2.0 worked, since I use the same operating system (win7).

There is no alternate package in this firmware. How can I fix the error attached?

It says : "Firmware for this drive not found in package".

It should work since i'm using Force drive (Sandforce SF-1200). It's not an 25nm drive.

Is the 2.4 update only for newer SATA 2 Force drives (25nm only) ?

This is not fair at all, please provide alternate fw for 40nm too.

1092247133_ssdupdateerror.thumb.jpg.b637dd5fb2be7f104f87cbe2f026f160.jpg

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So I got a Corsair Force F120 GB drive for my quad-core desktop last xmas, and I loved it.

I loved it so much that I bought one for my laptop. Big mistake. I never put my desktop to sleep... however, that is VERY common practice for me to do with my laptop. Well, this wonderful new SSD made that impossible.

Anyway, long story short. I've been checking this damn forum every few days (at least once a week) since January, and you guys FINALLY come out with a firmware update.... and it doesn't work.

Awesome.

FML.

Let me know when my product that I bought almost a year ago actually works.

Kthxbye

So I got a Corsair Force F120 GB drive for my quad-core desktop last xmas, and I loved it.

I loved it so much that I bought one for my laptop. Big mistake. I never put my desktop to sleep... however, that is VERY common practice for me to do with my laptop. Well, this wonderful new SSD made that impossible.

Anyway, long story short. I've been checking this damn forum every few days (at least once a week) since January, and you guys FINALLY come out with a firmware update.... and it doesn't work.

Awesome.

FML.

Let me know when my product that I bought almost a year ago actually works.

Kthxbye

Have you actually tried the firmware update yet?

I just updated my SSD (an F115), but i still have the same problems.

* BSOD after suspend

* Disk not detected on cold boot

So, is it just me or does this firmware not do the trick?

BTW, the disk is installed in a HP EliteBook 8540w with Win7 x64.

I've also got a couple of F240s that were updated from 1.1 to 2.0 and required the alternate firmware package for the 2.0 update.

Tried the 2.4 update this morning on both and also received the "Firmware for this drive not found in package".

The update tool did not detect the drive in Thinkpad T510's I originally bought the drives for. Tried to run the update in 3 different desktop machines all configured to AHCI, tried as primary and secondary drive. The 3 desktop machines all detected the drive in the update tool but gave the error message above.

These expensive drives have been sitting in a drawer waiting for this update for over a year. Disappointed...

Regards,

Gerard...

Still no answer from Yellowbeard.......

Nothing new in this department. Corsair is always so slow when releasing new firmwares, competition is always ahead :(:

PS: I know Sandforce creates the firmware, but I'm sure they released final firmware updates for other memory manufacturers much much faster than Corsair. Is it because bad relations with them? Waiting more than a year for a firmware it's way too much. Also no changelog? Someone would say "wtf".

Corsair does Internal testing on the firmware Sandforce gives them.

If it fails their Internal testing then the firmware update does not get released.

If it passes then it will be released.

Okay, but why here is Yellowbeard writes, that the Corsair makes for a repair?

No answer of the responsible person, no effort....., while we are paid for their product. :[pouts:

Last update was ready since summer, but 5 months delayed because of internal testings... With the new internal testings we will need to wait another 6 months for a good firmware release? This is so pitty... So much wait, one year for a working firmware and no changelog...

Archived