Corsair Community

I've always wanted to build my own gaming computer, and now that I have the funds to do so I've researched and budgeted and researched some more. Coming from a military background, I wanted an accurate look to the case. The C-70 OD green case is as close as it gets, so the only thing left to do was the real leg work. I've done some looking at other builds and I think ive come up with a good build. if anyone has any thoughts or advice I would love to hear. (I did use some of the touches from Corsairs build of this, it was really impressive!)

motherboard- ASUS sabertooth Z97 mark 1

CPU- Intel i7 4790K

CPU cooling- Corsair H60

system drive- Crucial M500 240GB ssd

storage drive- Seagate barracuda 2TB

graphics card- EVGA GTX980 superclocked

RAM- Corsair vengeance 16GB(2x8GB)

PSU- Corsair AX860

Optic drive- LG bluray read/rewrite

I think this is a good set up. idk if I'm missing anything or if this config with even work.

The basis for the build sounds good.

My recommendation would be strike the H60 (Intel i7 will need a little more cooling capacity than H60 can offer) and Crucial M500 (good all round SSD for general desktop, but not the fastest or best performer), substituting them with a different product especially if your going to use it for gaming.

* With your setup it will need a H100 minimum especially if you plan to overclock the CPU or Gaming for a few hours.

* If it's within your budget go with a Corsair GT series SSD (will out perform the M500).

* Purchase some good DDR3 SDRAM 1866 or 2133 (these are the 2 sweet spots for SDRAM and Haswell)

As with most Corsair cases, the Vengeance cases will support future upgrades. You will have plenty of room for expansion, adding additional HDD's, multiple fans, 2nd GPU for SLI and even water cooling if desired.

Case selection will come down to personal preference and styling of the case that you like.

Archived