Corsair Community

TR3X6G1600C7 issue or Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R issue?

C5D

Hello,

I've just built a new system (see my specs list).

The problem is that when everything got assembled and I tried a first time boot, it made a beep and rebooted after just showing the bios after 3 secs or so. After the 2nd boot it made a constant beeping noise, since this is an out-of-the-box stock mobo i don't get it why it complains that it had to put the ddr's to 1066mhz because of overvoltage issues.

My bios is the FB on the v1.6 revision. Should i flash to the latest one (which happens to be a beta). Only hw attached are the hdds, vga, cpu/mobo/ram and a floppy/multicard reader and dvdrw.

I tried the basics:

A) Setting it to "load fail safe".. keeps beeping.

B) Entering the 7-7-7-20 and ram manually.

C) I read a thread on tomshardware where somebody had similar problems and suggested pushing the 133mhz to 160mh (which gives you 3.20mhz per core on the i7-920) but i swapped to fail safe again when i spotted that it increased the 1600mhz from the ram too.

If anybody would be so kind to give me a list with the correct settings (or advice on flashing to a beta bios). :confused:

Cheers!

PS: the mobo booklet says that it keeps beeping with when the vga isn't inserted properly, but that's not the case here ;):

I did check this url too: http://www.corsair.com/configurator/product_results.aspx?id=933074

Thanks for the reply.

I took the CMOS battery out and after 15 minutes put it back again, set the default 'turbo' to 'standard' and enabled the XMS to 'profile 1'; didn't have to touch the voltage (1.65) nor the timings since after the battery got back in again it detected them correctly. Works perfect now.

Do you have me some easy settings to crank up the 2.66ghz to around 3.2ghz without affecting the memory, perhaps if my modules can handle a little boos as well then i'd love to hear some working settings.

Note: I have a thermalright ultra 120 extreme, with 2 high performance noctua fans on both sides, so cooling isn't an issue.

Merry Xmas ;):

Archived