Corsair Community

ThinkPad + Corsair F120 SSD problem

rasmuskl

I have a Lenovo T510 ThinkPad and a Corsair Force F120 (2). Since I got it it, I've been having problems with periodic errors on start-up.

Basically, I power up the machine and the boot sequence would fail with:

"Error 2100: HDD0 (HardDisk Drive) initialization error (1)."

However, rebooting the machine would allow the machine to boot up properly. This usually happens at the first cold boot in the morning, but can be reproduced by powering the machine on and off multiple times.

So yesterday I set up out to try and find a solution. I updated the T510's BIOS and updated the firmware on the Corsair drive, but unfortunately the problem persists. I also tried setting SATA to compatability mode instead of AHCI.

I've tried to find information about the problem - and there is at least 2 classes of problems: (1) My problem - periodic failures fixed by reboot and (2) OMG-catastrophic SSD disk failure (which gives the same error). However, none of the solutions I've found seem to deal with / fix problem 1. It doesn't seem like a Corsair problem per se, since I've seen reports of other brands of SSDs. It almost seems like a boot time race condition.

Has anyone else experienced this problem and had any luck solving it? I'm hesitant to RMA drive / machine, since I'm not convinced it will solve the problem.

Thanks in advance,

- Rasmus.

Archived