Corsair Community

Weird behavior with icue software

lopolla

I have a corsair K95 RGB keyboard. I have 18 macro buttons. I am running on latest software and firmware.

Firmware version: 3.08

Software version: 3.22.74

I have just made som macros (just text with an enter at the beginning (before text) and an enter after the text).

Somehow when I hit the "escape" button, it seems as if icue repeats the latest macro.....I actually don't want it to do that since I want escape to be.......yes escape :)

Just to make sure, my macros are NOT using escape button - and my execute is only using G1-G18 macro buttons.....

Actually I have tried to change macro. When I make a macro with nothing in it, it seems to work properly.....but still an issue I suppose.....

If I exit ICUE program, escape button behavior is normal and works.....any suggestions to this?

Looking forward to hear from you.

Edited by lopolla

Sigh... Yeah, I think we need a sticky for this. Lots of complaints starting to come in. The issue is specific to iCUE .3.22. If you have a good backup of the App Data/Roaming/Corsair folder, you can roll back to 3.21 pretty easily and this won't be a concern. If not, rebuilding your profiles from imports is a pretty big job and potentially not worth it.

Option 2 is the Actions Library seems to be tied in to most issues. If you delete the actions in the Library, but leave them in the actual profile Actions above, it may stop with the ESC-F12 transposition stuff. However, there are endless possible macros and a few users have already found exceptions to this rule. Launch app Actions seems to cause a problem when only in the profile, library empty. So at this point, it is a little bit of trial and error for each user. If you are capable of running without iCUE, obviously that will solve the issue as well.

Hi, thanks for your answer! OMG that really hurts......I have found another solution autohotkey, but it really sucks. I have been around a million solutions tonight, and my overall impression is that the software simply does not work very well :-/

I will see to your solution if I cant fix it easier! :)

I had the same problem with my K95 Keyboard, with the escape buttons and other buttons, not only that my Scimitar mouse was arbitrarily changing lighting affects and dpi when I had both disabled, opening 6-10 instances of my web browser when I clicked to opened it, even starting one of my games windowed when it is set to full screen.

The only fix was to uninstall this latest version and install and older one, unfortunately the last one I had saved was from March however everything is working normally now, so I will not update it that is for sure.

3.21.88 can be found here

https://www.computerbase.de/downloads/systemtools/corsair-utility-engine/

That version is working properly. I had to restore a shadowcopy of my Corsair folder with all the profiles and actionkeys etc. though, luckily there was one created while iCUE updated to its broken 3.22.74 version last night.

Edited by surject

You should only be posting the official links for ICUE on this forum, not a third party ones. For future reference, all you need to do is use the following template as a guide and type it into your browser's address bar:

downloads.corsair.com/Files/CUE/iCUESetup_{version}_release.msi

replacing {version} with the correct one you want to download - i.e. 3.22.74, 3.21.88, etc.

FYI Official ICUE 3.21.88 Download

You should only be posting the official links for ICUE on this forum, not a third party ones. For future reference, all you need to do is use the following template as a guide and type it into your browser's address bar:

downloads.corsair.com/Files/CUE/iCUESetup_{version}_release.msi

replacing {version} with the correct one you want to download - i.e. 3.22.74, 3.21.88, etc.

FYI Official ICUE 3.21.88 Download

Ideally, it would be nice if the "http://downloads.corsair.com/Files/CUE/" could be listed so we can select/download the version we want without having to figure out the version numbers (like what we can find with Apache when looking at Releases History, for example)

I do think it would be nice to keep the prior versions visible and available. However, one possible reason not to do this is because profiles are not necessarily backward compatible. It would be very problematic for large groups to start rolling back only to realize their profiles can't revert to the prior version. Losing your entire profile library is a very frustrating experience.