The Corsair User Forums

The Corsair User Forums (https://forum.corsair.com/forums/index.php)
-   Keyboards and Mice (https://forum.corsair.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=214)
-   -   K70 LED Light issue (https://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=119701)

Dims 06-21-2013 06:32 AM

K70 LED Light issue

At random the following keys will have a dim light to them F1,F2,F3,F4 and Scroll-Lock. If i press the button to disable all lights it will take care of the issue for a short while. I just received this keyboard Wednesday.

Anyone else notice this on K70 Silver (blue LED's) version.

RAM GUY 06-21-2013 01:38 PM

Dim, can you post a picture or video of the issue?

Dims 06-21-2013 07:15 PM

3 Attachment(s)
F1 F2 F3 F4 Scroll Lock keys would have a dim light, if i press the button to switch between all lights and just the ones i have set to light up, it will get rid of dim light on F1-F4 and Scroll Lock for like 2mins.
I tried setting bios switch on keyboard to different setting, but so far no luck fixing this issue.

Mobo: EVGA X58 SLi (keyboard plugged into rear USB ports)

*update* add pictures (my ufo camera :p: )

I did try setting which keys i want to light (again) and notice its causing F1-F4 to have a dim light when i select 1,2,3,4 and WASD keys. If i select to light up arrow keys it seems to cause Scroll-Lock to light up. Sometimes i can get rid of the dim light on F1-F4 and Scroll-Lock by pressing the program button to switch between each mode other times i can't.

Dims 06-21-2013 10:10 PM

My K70 no longer works :[pouts: . I shutdown my computer all the way and move the polling switch and now this keyboard is dead. if i boot the computer twice it will say no keyboard detected. Tested different USB ports no luck.

I had to switch back to my old PS/2 keyboard to make this post.
If Corsair will do a cross shipping RMA (without me having to pay) i will RMA it with them, if not this product going back to Amazon for the exchange.

RAM GUY 06-24-2013 03:13 PM

Dims, put in a RMA request and let me know your case number. I'll take care of the exchange for you as we'd like to get the unit back ASAP.

Dims 06-24-2013 07:52 PM

I would request a RMA but the keyboard is already on it's way back to Amazon for refund. The pre-paid shipping label was hard to pass up. I should have a new K70 here by Wednesday.

RAM GUY 06-25-2013 05:09 PM

I would have really wanted that keyboard back but that's alright. Hopefully your new keyboard won't have any problems.

Oddwunn 08-01-2013 06:18 PM

I have K70 that is about a month old or older (bought it the first day it was released on Newegg). I leave my computer on 24/7 and all was well UNTIL I went on vacation. I shut down for vacation, and when I powered back up, I have found 5 keys that are no longer backlit - both "shift" keys, "M", "O", and "1". In the programmable mode, the left "shift", the "1" and "M" will light VERY dimly, while the "O" and right "shift" are completely dead. In the "full keyboard lit" mode all 5 keys look to be completely off, though I can't be sure, as the light spills over from other lit keys.

Ram guy, you want mine back?

Oddwunn 08-05-2013 08:30 AM

Ram guy, I now have an RMA number, but I plan on waiting until August 12 (the date the replacements are expected to arrive) so that I can set up an expedited exchange. Please let me know if you want to see this keyboard, and if so, how to make sure that you do.

RAM GUY 08-05-2013 06:43 PM

Oddwunn, can I get your RMA number? I'll set it up for return to me.

Oddwunn 08-06-2013 06:02 PM

Hi Ram Guy,

My ticket number is 6074920.

Thank you.

RAM GUY 08-07-2013 02:57 PM

Your RMA has been approved Oddwunn. I won't need your keyboard anymore as they are looking into the LED issues already. You can proceed to call in for an Express RMA anytime.

Oddwunn 08-07-2013 05:24 PM

Thanks again for your help, Ram Guy.

areamike 08-20-2013 10:35 AM

So is this a common issue? I just purchased a K70 from newegg about 2-3 weeks ago and now the F8 and PrtScn keys have no more backlighting.

RAM GUY 08-22-2013 02:42 PM

It is not Areamike. Put in a RMA request and I'll take care of it for you if you provide me the number.

areamike 08-22-2013 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RAM GUY (Post 671133)
It is not Areamike. Put in a RMA request and I'll take care of it for you if you provide me the number.

Already taken care of.
http://forum.corsair.com/forums/show...2&postcount=12

areamike 08-28-2013 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by areamike (Post 671154)

Why did you edit my post that I had updated?

Ultravincent 09-04-2013 11:55 PM

Dead LEDs

Just wanted to say, that after a few months of use I have 6 dead leds.
The keys are: W, A, S, D, backspace, numpad Enter.
I am not a hardcore user as my average use is 3 hours/day.
I will probably RMA through Amazon but just wanted to let you guys know.

Jazter 09-07-2013 04:11 PM

I purchased my K70 Silver Edition in mid July and my "6" and ">/." keys no longer light up. I bought mine from Newegg and I'm not sure how to go about getting a replacement if possible.

Edit: Just noticed that the "+" key on my numpad is also not lighting up.

Toasted 09-08-2013 07:10 AM

You can request an RMA to replace the keyboard.

https://corsair.secure.force.com/

Philmyster 09-18-2013 11:56 PM

Corsair K70 Media buttons dimmed

Hi Guys,

I just got a Corsair K70 and have it set to the highest brightness but the media lights are quite dimmed. I'm guessing they are not supposed to be like that?

Its the black version with red LEDs.

Toasted 09-19-2013 05:53 AM

The media keys i think use passive backlighting instead of having an individual L.E.D. under each of them.

Sandog 10-27-2013 08:58 PM

My replacement K70 silver keyboard now has 4 unlit LED's. What is my recourse?

Toasted 10-28-2013 03:14 AM

Contact customer service via phone and tell them the replacement keyboard is faulty. The representative will help you. Alternatively, you can add a comment to the ticket# but that may be slower than phone.

You can contact them using Skype by calling their toll free number on their website.

Sandog 10-28-2013 05:25 AM

Thanks, will do.

tdhelixx 11-10-2013 05:33 PM

K70 V LED Out

I received my K70 from Amazon in June. Love the keyboard, don’t love the fact that I have a dead LED under the ‘v’ key this morning. Is the keyboard too old to RMA?

~th

Dims 11-10-2013 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tdhelixx (Post 682168)
I received my K70 from Amazon in June. Love the keyboard, don’t love the fact that I have a dead LED under the ‘v’ key this morning. Is the keyboard too old to RMA?

~th

You can still RMA it. I would contact Corsair by phone and do the RMA. I would ask them for pre-paid shipping label.

rlseii 11-23-2013 07:14 PM

I have the same issue with the led lights on my k70. Keys { '2', '3', '5','a','s','d' } no longer light up anymore.

chriscasha 12-06-2013 08:18 AM

Hey people, late post now but how goes the keyboards? I adore the K70 but the LED issues concern me as I don't have the money to return to RMA if the lights go out on the keyboard.

Has there been a fix towards these dying LED's?
Has there been a revision since these issues?
Will I have to pay for shipping if the keyboard LED's die?

Thanks.

If answered no for the 1st two questions, then I will be taking my business elsewhere of Corsair for everything but cases.

Lord Storm 12-07-2013 10:14 PM

This is absolutely ridiculous. I am sick and tired of inconsistent companies. My first Corsair purchase is the k70 silver and it will be the last investment I ever make towards this company.

It is merely a month old and i cannot switch between full keyboard backlight and individual keys.

Caps lock, F5, numpad 9, and keys Z,V,T no longer light up. I thought this keyboard was designed with integrity in mind.

The backlights that don't work make the keyboard look cheap.

Incredibly dissapointed. I will be condemning this companies name to everyone i meet who is a fan of buying good products. I will be complaining on facebook, steam and will talk to retailers about this. I know my friend WHO OWNS Tribenedict will be very interested in hearing about another company with poor integrity.

Competely pathetic. And I expect for returns Corsair expects the customer (victim) to do all the heavy lifting to ensure they get the product they paid for.

Atleast to my satisfaction I will be making sure this company loses a few thousand thanks to my word being spread around.

I am one of those guys who are very loyal to a company I like and stay onboard for years. A big middle finger to Corsair.

And of course it's an American company. No integrity. And it's my fault for even buying American products.

I think Oakley is all that's left and their quality has plummeted since the founder retired. And their products are now inconsistent because they allow other industries to make their sunglasses parts...........

Do what the rest of the world is planning on doing and BOYCOTT America.

cellwood 12-13-2013 03:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oddwunn (Post 667976)
I have K70 that is about a month old or older (bought it the first day it was released on Newegg). I leave my computer on 24/7 and all was well UNTIL I went on vacation. I shut down for vacation, and when I powered back up, I have found 5 keys that are no longer backlit - both "shift" keys, "M", "O", and "1". In the programmable mode, the left "shift", the "1" and "M" will light VERY dimly, while the "O" and right "shift" are completely dead. In the "full keyboard lit" mode all 5 keys look to be completely off, though I can't be sure, as the light spills over from other lit keys.

Ram guy, you want mine back?

Almost the same situation for me. I leave the PC on 24/7 but turned it off and unpluged from the wall for 7 days while on vacation and came back to 2 dead LEDs. Esc and numpad 7. Good times...

http://s28.postimg.org/96wmn1uzh/IMG...213_022135.jpg

shadowlawz 12-13-2013 05:03 PM

My K70 has just started losing LED's 1 by 1. It started with the left Windows key, then the letter M and now Tab. I have opened an RMA request Ticket#6313350 however they are asking me to provide a receipt when I bought this KB in September. Ramguy can you help me with this please? Thanks in advance!

Hexogen 12-13-2013 06:28 PM

I bought K70 2 weeks ago, and now i end up with 18 dead LED's, its a Silver edition with blue backlight(blue switch), is this really isolated problem?

gdg 12-14-2013 12:01 PM

Known issue with LED both Blue and White

I spoke with two different Corsair tech support personal yesterday 12/13/2013 regarding this issue with the LED lights burning out after a short period on both the K-70 (Blue Lights) and The K-95 (White Lights).

I was told that they knew about the issue, have identified the lot of bad LEDs (first time I heard them even admit there was an issue) and have currently “fixed” the issue with the supplier.

I was told that if I ordered directly from Corsair and the unit was shipped directly from their warehouse they could pretty much guarantee me I would not have the same LED issue that others were having.

They also said currently, they could not guarantee what lot I may get if I ordered the product from Newegg, Amazon or one of their other vendors.

A few days ago Newegg was “Out of stock“ of the K-70 (Gunmetal Browns blue leds)

Called and spoke with Newegg, told them what Corsair had said, agent looked up current inventory, and found they had just received 192(Gunmetal Browns blue leds) this Tuesday the 10th.
I can only assume these 192 are from the current fixed lot.

Bottom line: Corsair has identified the problem, taken action to fix the problem, but there may be a few of the old bad lot floating around in some vendors inventory.

Roll the dice….or order directly from Corsair for the next couple of months. :D:

wytnyt 12-14-2013 12:08 PM

yup ordering from a vendor other than the Corsair store can result in getting older stock,i just received a Air 540 and am hoping i dont have its cable issue.

Angrychair 12-14-2013 05:07 PM

so does this problem not affect red led boards?

MihaiEU 12-14-2013 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gdg (Post 687467)
I spoke with two different Corsair tech support personal yesterday 12/13/2013 regarding this issue with the LED lights burning out after a short period on both the K-70 (Blue Lights) and The K-95 (White Lights).

I was told that they knew about the issue, have identified the lot of bad LEDs (first time I heard them even admit there was an issue) and have currently “fixed” the issue with the supplier.

I was told that if I ordered directly from Corsair and the unit was shipped directly from their warehouse they could pretty much guarantee me I would not have the same LED issue that others were having.

They also said currently, they could not guarantee what lot I may get if I ordered the product from Newegg, Amazon or one of their other vendors.

A few days ago Newegg was “Out of stock“ of the K-70 (Gunmetal Browns blue leds)

Called and spoke with Newegg, told them what Corsair had said, agent looked up current inventory, and found they had just received 192(Gunmetal Browns blue leds) this Tuesday the 10th.
I can only assume these 192 are from the current fixed lot.

Bottom line: Corsair has identified the problem, taken action to fix the problem, but there may be a few of the old bad lot floating around in some vendors inventory.

Roll the dice….or order directly from Corsair for the next couple of months. :D:

They are lying. I got mine last week and already have a dead LED. On the other hand, they explained long RMA with huge demand (so mine should be a new batch since old ones are gone due to demand). I wouldnt trust them, rather exchange for a black one.

gdg 12-15-2013 01:01 PM

You bought yours from Amazon, not directly from Corsair as I was told to do by their tech support staff. Anyway, I am holding off on the K-70 until after the first of next year hoping that all the "bad lot" will be gone.

:mad: Unfortunately, gone means, have been purchased by other customers like yourself which now have to deal with Corsairs quality control issues.

Also, I am going to wait and see what happens with the new Cherry MX RGB switch and the exclusive deal they have with Corsair. Updated LEDs with 16.7 millions colors.
http://www.cherry-professional-gaming.com/EN/index.html

Regarding the current K-70, they should have just pulled the bad lot as soon as they identified the problem.

As I see it, I think they believed this to be just a small percentage of their overall K-70 K-95 sales so why bother, just have those with issues RMA the bad units.

Personally, I think Corsair would have gotten more respect if they had just pulled the units, which I would have interpreted as a company looking out for their customers.

One last thing: I mentioned to the tech support guys that someone from Corsair should release a statement on this forum confirming this issue had been "fixed" but it has been tough, if not impossible, just getting them to admit there was an issue in the first place. I have never seen them do so publicly in their own forum.

eternitykh 12-17-2013 08:13 PM

As a loyal corsair customer and fan (i literally own products in every single category corsair offers, and solely build with corsair PSUs for all my personal, client's, and friend's builds), I have been recommending the k70 to all my friends and gamers I know that are looking for a new keyboard, especially after they released them with browns and blues. I have also been aware of the LED issues that have been arising on boards with blue LEDs (and some k95 whites).

I myself had a k90 and that never had any LED issues. I now own a black/red k70, also never had issues.

I hope the issue is truly resolve as I don't want to regret recommending to so many people a faulty product with corsair's reputation on the line, as this is the first corsair accessories to most of them.

cellwood 12-24-2013 07:22 PM

So corsair decided to delete my post asking for a CSR to at very least comment on some of this. A CSR hasn't been on this forum for over 30 days. They have time to censor the forums but not respond to customers. gg. This keyboard is the last time I buy anything from this company. Should have gone with a quality product/company....

Im still waiting for my prepaid mail slip to send this keyboard back...