The Corsair User Forums

The Corsair User Forums (https://forum.corsair.com/forums/index.php)
-   Keyboards and Mice (https://forum.corsair.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=214)
-   -   K70 LED Light issue (https://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=119701)

john11686 02-13-2014 04:17 AM

Hi I live in Ireland, I just purchased the K70 silver around November and now one off the LED's is at to dying, I have never put in a RMA request before can someone help me.

Toasted 02-14-2014 03:12 AM

Create a new account and request an RMA.
https://corsair.secure.force.com/

Hancoque 02-14-2014 03:23 AM

My silver K70 replacement with blue LEDs is now over two months old and all LEDs are still working fine. The lot number is 13178407 (German layout). So maybe there actually is a newer revision that doesn't have the LED problem.

Edit: Maybe I should have knocked on wood when posting the above. The first LED has just gone out (scroll lock). :mad:

boomerang 02-15-2014 03:22 PM

going dead

I bought my Red Cherry Keyed K70 3 or 4 months ago.
caps lock, tab, F2, X, .(>)key, cO, J,PrtScn, ;, ', are not lighting completely or partially. They just went dead withing the last week or so.

boomerang 02-15-2014 03:24 PM

I really love this keyboard. I use it especially for gaming. It is beautuiful, but I am very dissapointed in the LED failure!

klaatu 02-15-2014 03:46 PM

Can anyone confirm that it's the blue LEDs which have been failing, and there are no issues with the red LEDs? And is it only the silver model (with MX Red), or are there issues with the gunmetal models with the MX Browns and MX Blues also?

Steve

rem1858 03-07-2014 08:15 PM

I've had my beloved K70 since Christmas, its a UK layout Gunmetal, with blue LEDs, MX Brown. Had no idea about this issue until I spotted my left shift key's LED had gone out earlier today. Totally gutted, spent a long time picking the right mechanical keyboard for myself, and this is the one. Unfortunately I care about having the blue lighting, so I'll have to send it back.
It'll be interesting to see if the rest of the LEDs start dropping like flies now the first one has a gone, a lot of people seem to say its a chain reaction.
I'm just a bit concerned that the replacement I get will do the same.

Zagstuff 03-11-2014 01:59 AM

Sending my second one back now grrrrr..

motorwayne 03-11-2014 09:59 PM

RAM GUY :-) I'm in New Zealand and own K70 black with reds..love it.

I want to buy another K70, the Gunmetal with browns...but I'm concerned about these LED's dying out. Has there been a refresh yet to this line or should I wait a bit?

Cheers mate

motorwayne

Tzeh 03-12-2014 04:49 PM

Still no official word on this?

Have been looking to make the jump to a mechanical keyboard and absolutely love the design on these Corsair keyboards. The only thing that's stopped me from buying one already are the multiple threads like this one online and that I'd wager the RMA process will likely be a right pain from here in Australia if I luck out.

Would be curious to see if anyone has had the issue with red LEDs too?

Luckey 04-14-2014 12:50 PM

1 Attachment(s)
So I just got my K70 about a month ago and two of my blue LEDs are already starting to dim. "Scroll Lock" and "End" keys. I am assuming we are to RMA them?

As this is my only keyboard it is going to really mess up my ability to use my PC if I have to do some multiple week RMA process.

megaapfel 04-29-2014 12:15 AM

I have the Corsair K70 MX Brown with a german layout. 8 LED's don't work anymore so far. Using it since 4 months.
How long did you guys have to wait for a new keyboard with working LED's?

LeCreaux 05-28-2014 12:25 AM

My blue LED K70 is 7 months old and had 4 bad LEDs yesterday. Today there are 9 bad LEDs.

Zaquieu 07-31-2014 12:33 PM

How is the led problem with the silver/blue led?

I was buying one, already with the bill but no paid yet. Googlin' for problems saw the led problem(saw this problem on every keyboard with blue lights, jez ).
Loved the k70, but very worried about the led problem. I live on Brazil, so i don't want to rma to another country(i don't wanna spend that time and money), since the problems seems to occur after the 30 days of local warranty.
Seems so hard to find this keyboard on my country, just on ONE website and sold so fast.