Corsair Community

Random Resets and BSOD - Help

moochee

I recently thought I'd upgrade to a new system, trying to get the best I could so I purchased,

AMD XP 3200

Asus a7nx8-e Deluxe

1 Gb (2 x 512 Mb) Corsair TwinX, DDR, PC3200C2PT

and I have a ATI X800 AGP Card

I built the system, booted up, re-installed windows. Then I started having random lock ups and BSOD.

After many weeks and many setting changes, still no luck, so I sent the RAM back and got some more. Installed that - same problem.

Hmmm me thinks, so I sent the mobo back and got a MSI K7N2 Deluxe.

Guess what same problems, went for a fresh install again, and it won't even install windows with out errors.

I have set the latcency of the twinx to the recommended 2.5-3-3-6 and that does nothing, if anything it hangs sooner that the defaults of 3-3-3-8.

Any ideas, else Im throwing the thing to the wall !

Moochee

• Corsair Employee

Please make sure that you set the jumper settings on your MB manually from the default 1-2 to 2-3, and put the modules in slots 2&3 (try both); also make sure that you have the latest BIOS installed for your MB, and load Setup/Optimized default settings and try the following BIOS settings;

TwinX1024 or TwinX512-3200C2

CPU Freq: 200 MHz (400 FSB)

System Performance: User Define

Memory Frequency: 100%

Resulting Frequency: 200 MHz (400 FSB)

Memory Timing: User Define

SDRAM CAS Latency: 2.5T

SDRAM RAS to CAS Delay (tRCD): 3T

SDRAM Row Precharge (tRP): 3T

SDRAM Active to Precharge Delay (tRAS): 6T

DDR Reference Voltage: 2.7 Volts

AGP Voltage: Default *unless you have ATI (9200 or 9600) or NVIDIA (5200 or 5700) then 1.6 Volts suggested!*

All other settings are motherboards defaults

Then please test them one at a time with http://www.memtest.org and let’s make sure it's not some other issue! I would run the test for at least 2-3 passes to be sure!

Archived