Corsair Community

iCUE update broke my Ironclaw (again?!)

Favebook

I've updated my iCUE from 3.18.77 to 3.22.74 and a problem I had previously started happening again and there is no solution to it right now as far as what I tried so I am seeking your help here. You can check my specs in my profile. Mouse is IRONCLAW RGB WIRELESS.

I tried fully uninstalling iCUE and reinstalling different versions (I tried 3.22.74, 3.21.88, 3.20.80 and 3.18.77) however problem persists in all versions no matter what I do.

Here is the best explanation of my problem:

When I edit my DPI settings and macros on my mouse via iCUE, they work perfectly for some time and then mouse decides to go to safe mode (I guess) and it just returns everything to default and even messes up some buttons (for example my BACK button on mouse becomes "number 2" from keyboard and I never gave it that macro whatsoever).

This usually happens when I am gaming but it is not limited to it. Sometimes it just happens during internet browsing or even watching a movie (and not moving a mouse).

My temporary fix is to plug it in via cable which for some reason fixes everything after 5-10 seconds of being plugged in and then it works perfectly for some time (usually few minutes but sometimes up to hour or two). Also, turning it off and turning it back on to 2.4GHz via buttons on the mouse fixes it temporarily as well.

I have tried editing all profiles to be same but it still resets to its safe profile I guess. Deleting all other profiles other than default also does not fix it.

• Like 1

I have also experienced the same issues as OP. It seems to happen randomly as I have been actively monitoring my usage when out of nowhere, the DPI just drops. Very distinguishable on a 27" 1440p monitor when it takes twice the mouse pad real-estate to move than just a moment before.

While I have not tried older versions of iCue, I cannot get this to stop even after doing the following:

1. Reinstalling iCue's latest release, removing associated registry keys

2. Forcing a firmware update on Ironclaw

3. Deleting all profiles and creating them from scratch

It does seem to me that the onboard Hardware profiles that Ironclaw has may be in conflict here but I just can't put my finger on it. This is utterly frustrating, especially in hardcore FPS games and boss fights of RPGs

Thanks @c-attack

Checked the linked thread and I can also confirm my firmware is as follows:

iCue is 3.22.74

Mouse 1.14.102 (dongle 1.11.52)

Then I realized that my mouse is also renamed to "IRONCLAW RGB WIRELESS (1)" which is also described by that OP

It's rather irritating as I am playing CS:GO which is based on muscle memory and DPI changes are unforgivable.

Same as you @dansinnerg, I have tried everything you did plus changing the versions via clean install. Also, I tried soft resetting my mouse as hard reset is not possible as far as I know.

I am as well running Mouse 1.14.102 (dongle 1.11.52), however I have downgraded to 3.18.77 iCUE in hope that that would fix the problem.

I have already ordered a new mouse which will be replacing this one as I cannot lose days of not practicing. I see that Corsair is not answering here on forum so I will open a ticket and update you guys if I find a fix.

One more thing that I noticed is as soon as I close iCUE mouse instantly goes into safe mode and ignores all my changes and profiles.

Will add here. Bought Ironclaw yesterday and during gaming and also found that icue simply disconnects from mouse so the mouse returns to default settings. No custom key mapping, nor RGB settings, nothing. Already tried to force firmware upgrade. Testes different USB ports. Nothing. At random time mouse just disconnects from iCue and live its own live! I will try to use it for couple of days and if no solution will be found, I will return mouse and never buy any mouses from Corsair. :(

Interesting, i am having some issues with mine too on the latest update, the mouse movements will randomly lag, i guess its doing as you guy described. I noticed this error logged in event viewer :-

Faulting application name: iCUE.exe, version: 3.22.74.0, time stamp: 0x5dbb1bd2

Faulting module name: Qt5Core.dll, version: 5.13.1.0, time stamp: 0x5d6a32fb

Exception code: 0xc0000409

Fault offset: 0x0001deb1

Faulting process ID: 0x2e24

Faulting application start time: 0x01d5a94a6e18de58

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Corsair\CORSAIR iCUE Software\iCUE.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Corsair\CORSAIR iCUE Software\Qt5Core.dll

Report ID: 428185b7-83d5-44bd-b2aa-a6a105d3e140

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

Edited by Archvile82

Same exact problem as OP. Although when I'm playing and the DPI changes there is a setting on the mouse that somewhat matches with my custom DPI so that's a workaround for the time being whilst I find somewhere to turn my mouse on and off.

Since I bought the mouse around 1-2 months ago I never found this an issue until I updated to the newer updates.

It has also renamed to 'IRONCLAW RGB WIRELESS (1)(1)"

Hope to downgrade to previous versions to see if problem still persists.

Same exact problem as OP. Although when I'm playing and the DPI changes there is a setting on the mouse that somewhat matches with my custom DPI so that's a workaround for the time being whilst I find somewhere to turn my mouse on and off.

Since I bought the mouse around 1-2 months ago I never found this an issue until I updated to the newer updates.

It has also renamed to 'IRONCLAW RGB WIRELESS (1)(1)"

Hope to downgrade to previous versions to see if problem still persists.

Are you are talking about iCue update or firmware update?

Can you guys clarify what you think is happening? Does it seem like the ICW is working under software mode, then suddenly drops out of iCUE and thus into HW mode. Since you have a different DPI setting as your default in HW mode, it feels like a hard shift?

Or is this pure tracking/polling issue? The mouse suddenly drops DPI with no indication from the profile or DPI lights. Those should light up/change on any software to HW change or any profile or DPI shift.

In my situation it is clear that ICW lost connection to iCue because I lost all button customization/rgb.

I also checked the log files and I sow the error stating something like "cannot update RGB" or something similar.

So the mouse did not disconnect from PC, just iCue lost connection.

If you only change DPI and settings different than HW profile it is the same as mine situation.

Try to also include some RGB changes for custom profile and you will clearly see when mouse lost iCue (or iCue lost mouse!? :) )

i got the same problem since i updated the software and firmware and was not a problem b4.

it does it at random it can be 2hrs or 2 mins and have to turn it on and of again and is doing my head in now as tried all the above and is still the same.

is this a rma job or will it be fixed with a new update as it is the only mouse i have atm.

Are you are talking about iCue update or firmware update?

I'm talking about both updates. I updated both iCue and firmware then found that whenever I am playing games it happens more often (Modern Warfare 2019) than using it for regular browsing. As people have previously mentioned that it drops out of iCue and then goes into HW mode as if the computer does not have iCue installed.

I have changed all of the RGB lights on the mouse to green and changed the DPI buttons to F5 and B so that I know when it goes into HW mode (blue colours) I am able to change the DPI, which I don't want to do.

Could it be a firmware issue? Or the mouse itself?

Would like to add myself to the list of people with this problem. Bought the mouse all the way back in April and everything seemed to work fine till the most recent iCue update. Seems the issue had gotten worse over time for me; usually I could game for 1 or 2 hours on end without the mouse resetting itself. My short term solution would be to turn the mouse off then on again really quick. Now instead of every 1-2 hours, I have to on/off the mouse every 5 mins, sometimes even quicker.

It's getting really, really inconvenient, especially in games like Halo MCC that just came out, Apex, competitive games, etc. Usually, it would happen in the middle of a match/game and I could either do a quick on/off or use the DPI UP button to up the DPI since when it resets, it literally gives me the slowest DPI ever.

Also contacted Corsair and support told me to uninstall anything Corsair or iCue related from my system and to download an older version of iCue. Obviously it didn't work, which is why I'm writing this now unfortunately. After telling them so, they simply told me to get a replacement. Don't know if this is a hardware, firmware, iCue, personal PC problem but honestly couldn't care less as the issue is starting to get to my nerves.

Also got the mouse recently and started having the same issue as others. I either have to soft reset the mouse or restart iCUE to temporarily fix the issue, which some times only last for minutes.

Can confirm I have this issue too. Had since forced firmware update. Will update again if I have this issue. EDIT: Still has the same issue. iCUE log amended below.

Description of issue:

The mouse switches to HW profile while seemingly still connected to iCUE. Soft reset or relaunching iCUE some times only help for minutes.

Latest recent iCUE log

2019-12-12T13:01:50 C cue.devices: Unknown command in CommandHandlerBase: AbstractCommand::SetDpiBrightnessLevel

2019-12-12T13:01:50 C cue.devices: Exception while runCommand on device IRONCLAW RGB WIRELESS DONGLE:

Get property WirelessChipFirmwareVersion failed.

Command processing error: PropertyNotSupported.

2019-12-12T13:01:50 C cue.devices: Unknown command in CommandHandlerBase: AbstractCommand::SetLiftHeightLevel

2019-12-12T13:01:50 C cue.devices: Unknown command in CommandHandlerBase: AbstractCommand::SetDpiBrightnessLevel

2019-12-12T13:01:50 C cue.devices: Exception while runCommand on device IRONCLAW RGB WIRELESS DONGLE:

2019-12-12T13:01:50 C cue.devices: Unknown command in CommandHandlerBase: AbstractCommand::SetLiftHeightLevel

2019-12-12T13:01:51 W cue.firmware.update.controller: Cannot check for update, checking is currently performed

2019-12-12T13:01:51 C cue.devices: Exception while runCommand on device IRONCLAW RGB WIRELESS DONGLE:

2019-12-12T13:01:51 I cue.firmware.index: "IRONCLAW RGB WIRELESS DONGLE" no newer FW version was found, selecting package with maximal verion

2019-12-12T13:01:51 I cue.firmware.index: "IRONCLAW RGB WIRELESS DONGLE" no newer FW version was found, package: QJsonObject({"integrity":"sha512-cWHbZuY0KsV3if44Z6T8x9t692+/aJCdKIOUx5/WCzFqGDpIp1qmV43ndr0mFTqzZFLb2a+7Lw7k/5Op1dQTyQ==","provides":{"application":"1.11.52"},"release-date":"2019-11-11T15:07:00.000Z","requires":{"software":">=3.22.74"},"source":"IRONCLAWRGBWIRELESS_DONGLE_1.11.52.zip","version":"1.11.52"})

2019-12-12T13:01:51 I cue.firmware.index: "IRONCLAW RGB WIRELESS" no newer FW version was found, selecting package with maximal verion

2019-12-12T13:01:51 I cue.firmware.index: "IRONCLAW RGB WIRELESS" no newer FW version was found, package: QJsonObject({"integrity":"sha512-XJQzM2nAI3lrghMjze6bC1ci5SkOCWt3O84g0bBckq5MgXqRbarpMRbA5UpP+cwySIBjDBfeiMKeopT3DK1vkg==","provides":{"application":"1.14.102"},"release-date":"2019-11-11T15:07:00.000Z","requires":{"software":">=3.22.74"},"source":"IRONCLAWRGBWIRELESS_1.14.102.zip","version":"1.14.102"})

2019-12-12T13:01:51 I cue.firmware.meta: Processing "CUEqncdQX{d1d58cf4-1310-4c31-a650-45ef427b9d2c}_temp_Thanos_Dongle_App_v1.11.52.json"

2019-12-12T13:01:51 I cue.firmware.meta: Processing "CUEftwRej{09a6857f-caaf-4140-aab4-4205fe50b8a0}_temp_Thanos_Mouse_App_v1.14.102.json"

2019-12-12T13:01:51 C cue.devices: Unknown command in CommandHandlerBase: AbstractCommand::ValidateFirmwareFiles

2019-12-12T13:01:51 I cue.firmware.meta: Processing "CUEftwRej{09a6857f-caaf-4140-aab4-4205fe50b8a0}_temp_Thanos_Mouse_App_v1.14.102.json"

2019-12-12T13:01:51 W cue.firmware.validation: Invalid usb id provided (vid=1b1c, pid=1b4c) for "IRONCLAW RGB WIRELESS DONGLE"

2019-12-12T13:04:44 I cue.devices.nxp: Buffer apply for Blue failed. request timed out for K95 RGB PLATINUM

2019-12-12T13:06:32 C cue.devices: Exception while runCommand on device IRONCLAW RGB WIRELESS DONGLE:

Set property StoredMouseSensorResolutionStage1X failed.

2019-12-12T13:08:41 C cue.devices: Exception while runCommand on device IRONCLAW RGB WIRELESS DONGLE:

2019-12-12T13:09:20 W qrc:/qml/collection/ColorPicker.qml:42: TypeError: Cannot read property 'updateCurrentColor' of null

2019-12-12T13:09:20 W qrc:/qml/collection/ColorPicker.qml:48: TypeError: Cannot read property 'updateCurrentColor' of null

2019-12-12T13:09:21 W qrc:/qml/delegate/DeviceSettingsDelegate.qml:182:5: QML DeviceSettingsProperties: Binding loop detected for property "implicitWidth"

2019-12-12T13:09:21 W qrc:/qml/ui/settings/DeviceSettings.qml:52:11: QML ColumnLayout: Binding loop detected for property "contentHeight"

2019-12-12T13:09:21 W qrc:/qml/ui/settings/DeviceSettings.qml:244:7: Unable to assign [undefined] to double

2019-12-12T13:09:21 W qrc:/qml/JS/DropdownUtils.js:70: TypeError: Cannot read property 'rowCount' of undefined

2019-12-12T13:09:21 W qrc:/qml/delegate/TabViewTabDelegate.qml:21: TypeError: Cannot read property 'top' of null

2019-12-12T13:09:24 I cue.sdk: Starting router.

2019-12-12T13:09:24 I cue.sdk.automation.server: User requested enabling of SDK from iCUE settings. Starting a listening

2019-12-12T13:09:24 I cue.sdk.automation.server: Successfully started listening

2019-12-12T13:09:53 C cue.devices: Exception while runCommand on device IRONCLAW RGB WIRELESS DONGLE:

2019-12-12T13:10:15 I cue.devices.nxp: Buffer apply for Red failed. request timed out for K95 RGB PLATINUM

2019-12-12T13:10:56 C cue.devices: Exception while runCommand on device IRONCLAW RGB WIRELESS DONGLE:

2019-12-12T13:14:06 I cue.devices.nxp: Buffer write, 1. failed. request timed out for K95 RGB PLATINUM

2019-12-12T13:14:12 C cue.devices: Write hunk failed. Device: "IRONCLAW RGB WIRELESS"

2019-12-12T13:14:12 C cue.devices: Exception: Timeout (1500ms) while receiving reply.

2019-12-12T13:14:20 C cue.devices: Exception while runCommand on device IRONCLAW RGB WIRELESS DONGLE:

2019-12-12T13:14:28 I cue.devices.nxp: Buffer write, 1. failed. request timed out for K95 RGB PLATINUM

2019-12-12T13:14:29 I cue.devices.nxp: Buffer write, 1. failed. request timed out for K95 RGB PLATINUM

2019-12-12T13:14:31 I cue.devices.nxp: Buffer apply for Red failed. request timed out for K95 RGB PLATINUM

2019-12-12T13:15:33 C cue.devices: Write hunk failed. Device: "IRONCLAW RGB WIRELESS"

2019-12-12T13:15:33 C cue.devices: Exception: Timeout (1500ms) while receiving reply.

2019-12-12T13:17:12 C cue.devices: Write hunk failed. Device: "IRONCLAW RGB WIRELESS"

2019-12-12T13:17:12 C cue.devices: Exception: Timeout (1500ms) while receiving reply.

2019-12-12T13:17:15 C cue.devices: Exception while runCommand on device IRONCLAW RGB WIRELESS DONGLE:

2019-12-12T13:17:32 I cue.devices.nxp: Buffer write, 1. failed. request timed out for K95 RGB PLATINUM

2019-12-12T13:17:32 I cue.devices.nxp: Buffer apply for Red failed. request timed out for K95 RGB PLATINUM

Edited by Cruxiaer

Safe mode? It does remember your hardware profiles? Or you have not saved those to the mouse?

It does remember my profiles for some time and then it just randomly forgets them as I (and many others) explained.

Also, I gave up on this mouse. It has been a long time since I've had this issue and I just got my BenQ Zowie EC1-A that I ordered not long time ago as soon as I saw that there was no fix for my Ironclaw.

Also, everyone else had problem where their mouse was renamed to "IRONCLAW RGB WIRLESS (1)" or"IRONCLAW RGB WIRLESS (1)(1)". I've somehow avoided this problem until 2 weeks ago when my mouse was renamet to "IRONCLAW RGB WIRLESS (1)" as well.

However, there was a new update recently (iCUE v3.23.66) which I hoped that it would fix my problems. But as usual, it DID NOT. So, this mouse is going to one of office builds (what a waste) and I will be sticking to Zowie.

So now we have 2 pages of folks on this forum with this issue. Is @Corsair going to pop in and say something? Are we going to get some support up in here?

THIS IS THEIR FLAGSHIP WIRELESS MOUSE - HELLO?!?!

Interesting this flagship wireless mouse has very little presence in the Youtube community. hmmmmmmmmm

i have also tried the latest software and it is still broken tho i do not loose my profiles or have the name problem but it still keeps locking the dpi and have to turn it on and off.

if i rma this thing will the new one just be the same after updating it?

In my situation it is clear that ICW lost connection to iCue because I lost all button customization/rgb.

I also checked the log files and I sow the error stating something like "cannot update RGB" or something similar.

So the mouse did not disconnect from PC, just iCue lost connection.

If you only change DPI and settings different than HW profile it is the same as mine situation xender discord omegle.

Try to also include some RGB changes for custom profile and you will clearly see when mouse lost iCue (or iCue lost mouse!? :) )

I bought the mouse around 1-2 months ago I never found this an issue until I updated to the newer updates.

Edited by Jack_richer