Corsair Community

HD120 RGB LEDs OUT Where's 140mm??

ImtheBest

I want to know corsair if 140mm are coming out for these

HD120 RGB LED High Performance 120mm PWM Fan

I don't think my case will fit these for 3 120 fans or my water cooling i have the H110i GTX cooler i haven't put in as of yet from last Christmas lol. I also have the 750D case so i think better to wait for 140??

I wasn't able to create new ticket on corsairs page so i'm asking here Thank you

I would also like to know when or if 140mm versions of the HD's will be coming out. I will get some of the 120's for my intake area but really would like the 140's for my H110. :biggrin:

I don't think HD120 3 of them will fit in my case 750D in the front... And its stupid to put two of them in the front i would rather have awesome fans like HD120's but 140mmm

• 2 weeks later...

The Aer is really only of interest if you don't like its competitor-product, the Thermaltake Riing...

I, too, would love to see 140mm RGB fans, a 200mm RGB fan for use with E/XL-ATX cases and some RGB Radiator solutions. Even being able to swap out the HYDRO H55 fan with an SP120 RGB (without voiding the warranty) would be a fun upgrade.

The Riing and Aer are closer is lighting design, but the blade and function are quite different. The TT is definitely a more pressure designed fan with low airflow. At high speeds they are quite loud, as is usually the case with that blade design. The Aer is definitely designed with airflow in mind and will be a quieter case fan, but less than ideal for radiator duty.

The RGB/SP 120 series is the hybrid of the two and offers the compromise most people are looking for. It can be used as a high airflow case fan or on a radiator without substantial penalty. You absolutely can use it with a H55 and since the fans are not powered from the unit directly, it will have no impact on the warranty.

• 3 weeks later...

So, I've opted to go for the SP120 RGBs over Riings.

For a CPU cooler, however, I'm wondering which is better - the Riing 360mm solution, or a Hydro H80i v2 or (possibly) Hydro H100i v2 upgraded to RGB, since both of those also mount the fans externally.

• 5 months later...

Archived