The Corsair User Forums

The Corsair User Forums (https://forum.corsair.com/forums/index.php)
-   iCUE Software (https://forum.corsair.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=280)
-   -   LL120 Fans flickering after startup (https://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=177368)

EddyJ1 05-01-2018 06:02 PM

LL120 Fans flickering after startup

I have 3x LL120 fans and 4x LED strips, some reason when I boot up my PC the fans start flickering (only once windows loads, they work fine until the software kicks in) and won't update/accept changes from iCUE, however the LED strips work completely fine, the only way I can fix this is to repair the installation every time.

I've tried resetting by emptying the profile to have nothing connected but it still doesn't work, has anyone else has a similar problem? They work great once I run the repair install.

Here's a gif of what is happening, sorry not how to do good quality gifs.

https://giphy.com/gifs/7JsLEmmYRIKlzp6BL8

To compare this is how the same effect looks without flickering.

https://giphy.com/gifs/3PxOQ0ETmDNF4t7C40

I would really like to be able to get this working because it sucks having to repair every time I start my PC.

Zephynos 05-03-2018 08:22 AM

i have the same issue

i have 4 ll fans in my system and there doing exactly the same as shown in the links it started after i updated icue

Fenweekooo 05-03-2018 01:47 PM

My fans do the exact same thing as the first gif, they go full on seizure mode until i restart the comp. for what its worth i have 4 rgb strips and 3 fans connected via the lighting node pro

Gerder 05-03-2018 06:54 PM

I have the exact same issue since the latest update. I have 4 LL fans, 4 RGB strips, K95 platinum speed, Glaive and a Hydro H115i (old model) installed. All parts are working fine with the exception of all 4 fans. They start flickering in absolute seizure mode after a fresh (cold) boot or after waking out of sleep mode. Exactly like above shown GIF, even though rainbow is not my default color setting.
Everything was working fine prior to the update.
Only solution so far is to completely reboot from Windows. So not really a proper way to fix it.

Small side note: I did swap RAM modules that same day but I can hardly believe that has anything to do with it.

EddyJ1 05-03-2018 07:22 PM

Good to know other people have the same issue and it seems everyone has 3+ fans and 4 LED strips, I figured if you go to task manager then services and restart the Corsair service it works without a reinstall but still inconvenient.

I wonder if there are any logs we can post to help debug it, hopefully can get an official response

Gerder 05-04-2018 08:52 AM

I hope we get an official responds from Corsair. Its only fair considering the amount of money we have spend on corsair products

DevBiker 05-04-2018 08:58 AM

What effect do y'all have configured on the lighting nodes?

NoPro or CoPro?

I'm looking for similarities across all of y'all that are reporting the same issue.

Solo18 05-04-2018 10:52 AM

Same Issues. Node Pro , fans stick to default profile until restart. Ive been messing with usb settings because also having problem with k63 connecting wirelessly , only using 6 usb slots outta 10. not sure if that is part of my problem maybe need to go back to K65 and do some testing.
4 LL120s
Node Pro - Fan Hub

Fenweekooo 05-04-2018 01:03 PM

Lighting link color shift between colors: fefffe and fdfeff (white and pretty much white to get around the revert to rainbow bug when using static color)

Gerder 05-04-2018 01:42 PM

In my case a Nodepro. Fans start as they usually do in rainbow wave mode. At the point they normally load into their appointed settings, they start flickering like mad

EddyJ1 05-04-2018 02:23 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I'm using Lighting Node PRO and RGB Lighting Hub that comes with the LL120 triple fan pack, I've attached my default profile too

KaptainKarl 05-04-2018 03:10 PM

I have the LL140 x3 and when I start the computer, the lights go into hyper rainbow speed..The only way I have been able to revert and get them working normally is to A. Repair the install or B. Force update the Node Pro firmware..

I have uninstalled and reinstalled icue to no avail...

On a side note, I do have 2 RGB strips, but they are connected directly to my motherboard and I use ASUS Aura to control those..However, I have not had any problems with those..My K70 Lux RGB, H115, Vengance RAM, and MM800 all start and perform as they should, at least from what I can tell..

Gerder 05-04-2018 05:24 PM

Try Eddies idea. It works for me as the most easy temporary solution. Bring up Task Manager and end 'Corsair Service' process. This will bring back the right settings. Atleast for me

KaptainKarl 05-05-2018 05:28 PM

Ending the Corsair tasks and restarting icue worked..Hopefully a fix will be incoming :)

OriginalOreos 05-06-2018 03:06 PM

Just adding to the discussion. I've been experiencing the same problem ever since the new update, aside the from the hideous rainbow wave of default.

Only solution is to reboot computer.