Corsair Community

Can a device be removed from iCUE?

natefrog

I want to remove my LNP from iCUE so I can use it in Link. I need to keep iCUE because I have a H100i platinum cooler that won't interface with Link. I've read that the LNP doesn't have the rainbow disco issue when computer is locked like iCUE does and I'd like to test that out.

However Link says I can't add the LNP because iCUE is managing it and I don't see an option to remove a device in iCUE. I know I can probably uninstall iCUE, add LNP to Link, reinstall iCUE so I can manage the H100i, and then play with both until iCUE is updated.

Anyways rambling, am I blind and not seeing it or is there no option to remove a device in iCUE? Also can Link and iCUE run at same time without issues?

No, if iCUE is installed on the machine it will take control of all devices except a handful of legacy items that only work on Link. Link will remember some lighting patterns when the software isn't running, but it is not the LNP that matter, rather what fans are connected on the other end. LL fans will always rainbow. HD and ML may not.

No, if iCUE is installed on the machine it will take control of all devices except a handful of legacy items that only work on Link. Link will remember some lighting patterns when the software isn't running, but it is not the LNP that matter, rather what fans are connected on the other end. LL fans will always rainbow. HD and ML may not.

The fans do not rainbow if connected to the push button controller that came with them, so it is the LNP pushing that to them. Link from what I read can push a hardware profile to the LNP, but iCUE cannot yet, but is being worked on supposedly.

I will just do the uninstall method and see what result I get.

So cannot run Link and iCUE at the same time since as c-attack said iCUE takes over the LNP. However, I was able to get around the rainbow disco, but it is quite a pain.

With iCUE installed I need to set a hardware profile for my H100i since Link can't manage it. I then have to uninstall iCUE and then set the LNP up in Link to match what I set for the H100i in iCUE.

I can now lock my computer, allow my monitor to go into power savings mode, restart the computer, whatever and I won't get the rainbow disco. This will work for now, but if I ever want to change the effects/colors I will need to reinstall iCUE to make the changes to the hardware profile for the H100i and then uninstall it again to be able to control the LNP without the rainbow effect taking over whenever I do any of the previously mentioned.

I really hope this is fixed soon as this is really a pain to just to avoid the rainbow and I'd much prefer to use iCUE for it's deeper customization.

I never want to see that rainbow again, it is driving me insane. Thankfully this will work for now until I get the urge to change my look and then I'll get frustrated all over again.

That had occurred to me, but without my own Platinum cooler to try first, I was hesitant to suggest trying it. The constant rainbows and lack of saved profile when the software is inactive has been a sore spot from the start and that kept me on Link for the first several months. Corsair has stated they are working on changes to bring lighting playback to the current system, but there is no known time frame for that. Since you have the "push button controller" you must have either HDs or the SP-RGB from the 460/570X. The push button controllers take the fans out of the software control, but of course they are far more limited in their abilities this way. However, that would be another way to deal with it.

The fans do not rainbow if connected to the push button controller that came with them, so it is the LNP pushing that to them. Link from what I read can push a hardware profile to the LNP, but iCUE cannot yet, but is being worked on supposedly.

I will just do the uninstall method and see what result I get.

Actually, not exactly. That push button controller has a itsy bitsy teeny tiny MCU embedded (an ATMEL 518) in it that controls the NoPro.

• 1 year later...

icue should include this feature.

I am using SteerMouse on OSX to handle all my custom mouse actions and functions, since iCue is extremely limited.

And on Windows I am using X-Mouse.

But both software have trouble working if iCue is working on the background, which I only use to customize my keyboard RGB lights.

I would love a way to make iCue to ignore my corsair mouse so I can handle the mouse with other applications without any conflict.