Corsair Community

M65 RGB "Sniper Button" Issue

JEFFsoBOMB

I am having the same issue. Unless this is somehow configurable by pulling the mouse apart, its just a super-heavy switch.

I recently left feedback as well. Many people bought this mouse for the exceptional build quality, looks, and the lights.

I bought it for that too, but also for the sniper button being big and closest I could find to where my thumb resides.

Its simply too heavy to use for sniping. You are not alone.

:(:

I think you may be misunderstanding the purpose of the button. The release function of it is a quick adjust to DPI. It's called "sniper" button because when playing FPS games, sniping can be quite difficult at high sensitivity/high DPI. This button can drop the DPI (which would effectively lower sensitivity) so that when you zoom in (and click the button) it becomes easier to fine point that crosshair for headshot glory.

The reason the button uses a high activation force is most likely due to it's location on the mouse and is most probably intended. Reason being, if someone is moving the mouse and there finger is over/on the button, you wouldn't want to unknowingly switch the DPI by accident. You would be able to pick the mouse up, while holding your thumb on the button, without actually pushing. If you want to push it, you push it.

May not be your liking but I would think with time, and enough feedback, a switch replacement with lower activation force would become available.

I understand that this will differ from user to user, but mine does not feel heavy at all. If it was more sensitive I might push it unwillingly from time to time. Sure, it's not super squishy, but it's not bothersome at all imo. Maybe there's some difference from unit to unit?

Archived