Corsair Community

Vengeance 1500 Headset RMA rejected - eBay

I purchased a Corsair Vengeance 1500 headset last year, and recently sound has cut out in my right ear. I sent a ticket to Corsair, and they rejected the RMA request on the grounds it was bought on an auction website. In this case, eBay.

However, the seller is an authorized reseller. They have nearly 50000 feedback on eBay, plus a quite large, separate online store on a dedicated domain. The description for the item said it was covered by Corsair's warranty. The item was sold brand new in box, and the Corsair warranty guide that came with the headset does not mention anything about the warranty not covering auction websites.

Just wondering what I should do now?

• Administrators

I'd suggest contacting the retailer and request a full receipt for the item. Then, attach it to your ticket (6710654) and respond with what you said here. Also make sure it has the full date (including the year) it was purchased as what you attached to your ticket is missing that. Since they're an actual retailer it should be ok.

Regarding the warranty, just because an eBay seller says it has the full warranty doesn't make it so. This is one of the rare exceptions.

The full warranty can be found here: http://www.corsair.com/en-us/support/warranty

I'd suggest contacting the retailer and request a full receipt for the item. Then, attach it to your ticket (6710654) and respond with what you said here. Also make sure it has the full date (including the year) it was purchased as what you attached to your ticket is missing that. Since they're an actual retailer it should be ok.

Regarding the warranty, just because an eBay seller says it has the full warranty doesn't make it so. This is one of the rare exceptions.

The full warranty can be found here: http://www.corsair.com/en-us/support/warranty

Thanks for your help. I got the full receipt and have added a comment to the ticket, as well as an attachment. Do I need to do anything to set the ticket back to "submitted"? (whatever the status is before the ticket it approved or denied) or do I just wait for a reply?

Archived