Corsair Community

X128 - Windows failed to start. A Recent hardware or software change might be the cau

ca6

After receiving my X128 getting it RMA'd because of BSOD and then the drive disappearing, I have issues with the new one.

I've installed Win7 64bit (SSD connected via ICH10R in RAID (since I will connect my 3x500GB drives for file storage later, currently disconnected)) but after reboot I get a black screen with the text below:

Windows failed to start. A Recent hardware or software change might be the cause. To fix the problem:

1. Insert your windows installation disc and restart your computer.

2. Choose your langugae settings, and then click next

3. Click "repair your computer."

Info: The boot selection failed because a required device is inaccessible.

Yesterday I was able to install win7 and run a full windows update and install ATI drivers for my gfx-cards (catalyst 10.4) and Nod32, and after reboot, I got the black screen.

Today I gave it a second try, reinstalled win7 but now I got the black screen after the first reboot while installing win7.

Parallell to the X128 installing, I yesterday did an exact same setup, using my WD Raptor 150 and with this drive, using the same controller, and the same SATAcables, I have no issues at all.

Is this a problem you are familiar with, is there anything I can do to sort it out on my side or does the drive have to go back to you yet again?

Cheers,

Chris

Archived