Corsair Community

H100i RGB Platinum Fan not responding

Kir4

Hey there.

After I had a TT AIO I decided to upgrade to a more colorful Version.

Today I bought the H100i RGB Platinum.

What I noticed first was the sound level. It's super loud.

After some checking and tinkering I've found out that FAN #1 always runs at ~2650 RPM while Temperature is around 28 Degrees (Even though HwInfo says smth around 34)

No matter which Profile I apply or what I change the Fan always runs at max Speed while Fan #2 obliges my commands and changes according to the selected profile.

Is there anything I miss or is my AIO Broken and I need to get replacement?

Thanks.

Update.

I've connected the Pump directly to the the AIO Pump Header on my Mobo and the 2 Fans to CPU and CPU_OPT.

It's working fine now.

I can still change colors and stuff in iCue but ofc I can't see or set RPM on the Fans as my BIOS is handling it rn.

So it looks like the Fan Control coming from the Pump Header is broken.

Is it ok to run the setup like this (It's working for now) or should I replace it with another unit?

Thanks.

Make sure you apply the fan curve to both fans individually in each profile. They operate independently. Obviously you are bypassing the cooler's fan controller and all iCUE controls for the fans by routing the fans to CPU/OPT.

If you have a fan stuck at max speed, it is usually a good idea to re-plug or swap the two fan connectors. Does the same fan now blast away in the other slot? Or does max fan speed stay with slot 1?

Make sure you apply the fan curve to both fans individually in each profile. They operate independently. Obviously you are bypassing the cooler's fan controller and all iCUE controls for the fans by routing the fans to CPU/OPT.

If you have a fan stuck at max speed, it is usually a good idea to re-plug or swap the two fan connectors. Does the same fan now blast away in the other slot? Or does max fan speed stay with slot 1?

Hey there.

I applied the Fan Curve to both fans. One is responding the other one doesn't care at all and just blasts away at 2600RPM.

I already tried switching the fans and reconnecting everything.

If I switch the other one goes all out on me so it's definitely the fan connector coming from the pump head that's not working correctly.

TBH I'am fine now as it's working but it's still a "broken" Product so I'll probably return it for another unit.

Hey there.

I already tried switching the fans and reconnecting everything.

If I switch the other one goes all out on me so it's definitely the fan connector coming from the pump head that's not working correctly.

The "other one"? Meaning fan channel 1 still blasts? Also, make sure you test for control with a custom curve (+ "cooling mode"). There you will have controls for fixed % and RPM as well as control over the data points. We haven't seen any wonky fan controllers out of the box as I recall. Weird glitches with the default fan curves is another matter.

The "other one"? Meaning fan channel 1 still blasts? Also, make sure you test for control with a custom curve (+ "cooling mode"). There you will have controls for fixed % and RPM as well as control over the data points. We haven't seen any wonky fan controllers out of the box as I recall. Weird glitches with the default fan curves is another matter.

Tried that also.

Fan Channel #1 doesn't care at all.

Guess what.

I've replaced the broken unit for another one.

Now the RGB on the Fans isn't working - tinkering with FW Update and iCue Settings brought me nowhere.

So 2nd one is defective as well.

I'am gonna give it one more try. If that doesn't work I'll need to look for another AIO Solution.