Corsair Community

H100i pro heat issues.

bluehefner45

so i have had this cpu for 3 days and 1 min into prime 95 83c sometimes 4 percent load on cpu temps jump from 38c to like 58c very cool room as i have ac. very confused with such high temps no over clock except percision boast. ive seen temps in 65c at like 10 percent cpu load... im baffled.

my specs

corsair carbide 275r

h100i pro cooler.

gskill trident 3200 ram

ryzen 7 2700x.

front mounted rad pull config two top excaust fans 1 rear.

also z0tac 1660ti amp

cx750 power supply.

Your coolant temperature (H100i Pro Temp) in iCUE is the measurement of cooler efficiency/functionality. It should float a few degrees above the room temp at idle and typically +6-10C on load. Coolant temperature is slow to move. The delta of change is an assessment of heat in vs heat out. So 30 seconds into Prime 95 it doesn't really matter if you have a 120mm single pane cooler or 10m external panel the amount of heat in has yet to overwhelm heat out.

What you're describing sound more like a contact issue between CPU and cold plate. The two metal pieces are not fully touching ruining your heat transfer. Typically you get really jump temps with opening programs, instant 90-100C temp spikes when launching a stress test or game. It's hard to trouble shoot externally. Make sure you used the right standoffs for AMD, makes sure those standoffs go all the way through and thread the backplate holes. Make sure the backplate is orientated correctly. If you take the CPU block off and all the TIM has yet to spread out, that is a strong sign full contact was not made.

ty i will remove cooler block and look at it. but seems good to me. not to tight and not loose at all. maybe need to remove paste put another one on. im new to all this. i just dont want my pc to die. i went into bios changed few things edc still high on balanced mode.

Different TIM type or brand is like +-2C, so I don't think that is it. However, if you bolt the pump head on and it stops 0.25mm from the CPU, you will be hot hot hot. The other component of this voltage and Ryzen CPUs are on a different scale than Intel. 1.44v does seem overly high, but that is what I would like someone else to confirm. Also, no more Prime 95 until this is sorted. Use something mild like the internal stress test in CPU-Z.

if i remove the block wont i have to reapply paste. yeah no more testing my temps gaming is like 55-60c metro exodus. i had i7-2600k before that thing stayed cool no issues ever. im new to amd..... so any help would be great. in icue says coolant temp is 27c

How does the 27C coolant temp compare to room temperature? That appears about right and I don't think there is a cooler issue. However, if that value never really changes on load that is additional evidence toward the 'bad contact' theory. It won't change in 60 seconds of Prime95, but it certainly should go up 4-5C playing Metro.

In theory you should clean and reapply any time you take the block off. However, something is not right and a quick unbolting and peek to see if the paste spread is not going to make things worse. You probably do want to get yourself a small tube of TIM to keep around regardless.

ty i will remove cooler block and look at it. but seems good to me. not to tight and not loose at all. maybe need to remove paste put another one on. im new to all this. i just dont want my pc to die. i went into bios changed few things edc still high on balanced mode.

My EDC was always in the 90's or higher when running Ryzen Master. I uninstalled it after it grabbed control of things that could no longer be changed in BIOS due to it changing values every time windows booted up.