Corsair Community

A7V600-X and CMX512-3200C2 --> Having Issues

ethanpil

Hi,

I want to thank everyone in advance for taking the time to read my question.

I am having some funny issues with my setup. When I am dealing with large files that load a few hundred megabytes into memory (Powerarchiver, Photoshop, PAR2) I consistently get CRC errors, one of the programs (PAR2) even suggests that it is likely a memory problem.

So, I have been reading these forums, and I ran memtest86 v3.2 and left it on overnight. It did 9 passes and I got over 32000 errors, all of them were were in test 5,6 and 7 on every single one of the passes.

Is my RAM defective, or do I just need to adjust the BIOS? (I havent touched the memory settings in there at all, dont even know what the correct ones would be.)

Setup:

A7V600-X, Athlon XP 2600+, Two CMX512-3200C2, Super Flower 550watt Powersupply, Windows XP, ATI 9000 Pro Video.

Thanks again.

Ethan

Try these settings with one stick at a time in the same slot:

166 or 333 for the memory speed

SDRAM CAS Latency: 2.5T

SDRAM RAS to CAS Delay (tRCD): 3T

SDRAM Row Precharge (tRP): 3T

SDRAM Active to Precharge Delay (tRAS): 6T

2.75 or 2.8 volts

Wired, thanks for your advice. I changed the settings like you said, and did the test again - still errors.

Then I did the test one module at a time, as you suggested, and was able to isolate the errors to one of the modules. With the bad module out of the system, I no longer have the errors I previously reported.

I am assuming that I need an RMA? Is this correct? What is the procedure?

Thanks!

Ethan

• Corsair Employee

Please send us a email with a copy of the form or all of your info name address and phone# and the Module part# and copy the link to this post and email it to Warranty@corsairmemory.com. Or you can also use the On Line RMA Request Form as well.

If after 1 day or 24 hours excluding weekends you do not get the rma please email the same to rma@corsairmemory.com and we will help to resolve it.

• 10 months later...

Hello,

I have may be the same problem.

I use a 512 XMS3200c2 V3.2 since 1 year I have brought an other module 512 XMS3200c2 V5.1 Separatly, evry module work fine, but when they are used on same time, i have some blue screen, and other error.

I have an ASUS A7V600 -X

ok, but on my case, my module is matched, isn't it?

I have test the modules with testmem86. And no error.

I think it's may be a probleme between the Modules and the Graphical Card, because the most probleme arrived when i play games.

ok, but in this case, it's impossible too upgrad a PC.

I have bought my pc with 512MO, with the intention to upgrade it to 1Go later.

I can't do it?:confused:

You can only do such upgrading if you're using generic DDR modules or the Corsair System Select modules. The Corsair XMS series memory modules must match each other in every single minute detail. And the memory that you'll be getting for an upgrade (as far as the XMS series memory is concerned) will almost always be of a completely different revision than the one you've originally bought.

• Corsair Employee

The only thing we can offer would be to send a RMA request for all of your modules and request they all be matched. But this is not a warranty issue.

Please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it!

• 4 weeks later...

i Have bought a TwinX memory pair, but i have always a probleme.

I have take a TWINX 1024 - 3200C2 (this is the recommanded memory for an ASUS A7V600-X.)

The memory test is succesufuly processed, and alone memory work...

i need to have at least 1Go for use Virual PC

Some idea???

I have tested on all case:

slot 1-2 Blue sreen after windows start :eek:

slot 1-3 my test programe (A game) crach after 5 min :mad:

slot 2-3 my test programe (A game) crach after 90 min On an daily using, i have 5 programe crach and 1 system reboot. :sigh!:

Indiviualy, all memory work good on all slot (1 Day each and no crach)

if you have an idea...:confused:

Archived