Corsair Community

Corsair M65 Elite Left click not working well

EzTraP

Hey EzTrap,

I would recommend trying a soft reset you can find the info in the FAQ in support.

If that doesn't work contact support with a ticket let them know you have tried the soft reset and provide them with your exported log's.

It takes a couple days for them to get back to you at times so the quicker you contact them the quicker the creators of the product can help you.I've been submitting tickets over the past 5 days and had 1 reply telling me to soft reset (already had). I waited days on the forums with no help as well unfortunately.

For me nothing seemed to work for my scimitar until i triggered the hard reset 3 times opened the disabled folder but didnt do anything. So far i am roughly 30 mins without a malfunction but i haven't tried gaming yet.

best of luck!

• 1 month later...
My M 65 Elite doesn't register all mouse clicks either. How big is the problem with Corsair mice and the buttons? It worked fine for about a month. Bought it this spring. But maybe two months ago I noticed that it didn't register all my clicking. I've tried reinstalling firmware and moving it to another USB port but it doesn't help. Quite annoying. Had Logitech nice for a very long time and this was my first non Logitech mouse. Maybe I'll just put it in a drawer and by a wireless G502?

• 4 weeks later...
I have the same problem with my M65 elite mouse and tried everything to fix it. I believe it to be either a design or manufacturing defect. It's a shame as it is a great mouse it is very precise, even better than my M65 pro, but with the left mouse button not working 30% of the time it is a pile of junk.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Same. I bought my mouse 6 months ago. Left click dead.

2 months ago, i contacted support and got a new one. Same problem now.

This mouse has just a big manufacturing issue.

If you see on Amazon, you will se that a lot of people has the same left click issue.

I had my M65 Pro for 10 months and then they came out with the Elite so I bought it. I've had my M65 Elite for 14 months and now I'm having this click issue with the left mouse button. Except if I press a little harder than usual it works perfectly but I still get caught not clicking because the tactile/audible click doesn't mean the button pressed like usual, It's weird.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I have had my M65 RGB Elite since May 1 of this year and I have had the left click issue since day 1. It is frustrating to use in Windows, and worthless to even attempt to game. It will register clicks if you can uncomfortably move your finger to the far left edge of the button, but other than that it is hit and miss. I have $10 mice that register every left click every time, but a Corsair RGB Elite has such pathetic switches that it misses 30%?

I have not created a support ticket, because it is obvious from a quick Google search that it isn't going to do any good. You might get a day, a week, a month, but it will develope the same issue.

I didn't buy a premium mouse to then pay a premium price to have to send it in over and over when there is an obvious manufacturing defect. I have soft and hard reset the mouse, cleared the onboard, updated the firmware, etc. etc. etc. And I have done all of these multiple times.

Basically it would appear that Corsair would like us to buy this mouse, and a spare to use while sending them in. I have my eye on a Steelseries, and guess what, it doesn't have problems registering clicks. Maybe some day I will order some better switches and try to repair this mouse the right way, with quality parts, but definitely not buying anymore mice from this company.

I'm in the same boat but with the Ironclaw. Though it feels solid in my hand and I would like to have one single tool to do the lighting no matter how bad it is (i.e. iCUE) I would likely not recommend anyone getting any Corsair products short of their basic single color bezel-less keyboards 104-key or 94-key (since if you have a single color you won't really bother doing any weird lighting effects hence you won't be burdened with iCue)

• 1 month later...

Bump.

I've now had the problems with three Corsair mice: my old M65, a year-old /model - and now a brand new M65 RGB.

I though that it must be me having a wimpy left button finger interface, but no - every other cheapo mouse in the house works just fine.

The Corsairs "click" on LMB, but they often do not register the button press. It requires a solid and deliberate button press. These mice are quite useless for gaming or other fast click applications.