Corsair Community

Custom separate G key pad

With lockdown in place and not much to do, I have found myself wondering whether or not I can take the G keypad from my old broken k95 and use it as a separate keypad. For discord controls or whatever else. Problem is I know practically nothing about electronics. How could I wire it up to act as a separate pad with minimal rewiring or soldering? (If possible at all)

• 2 weeks later...

Thats unfortunately not possible. While the upper part seems to be detachable, the pcb underneath that holds all the switches, is a solid piece going all the way from the G keys trough to the numberpad. But since it's already broken it could serve as spares for your current keyboard, the switches can easily be desoldered and may be a good starting point for someone like you.

The keyboard is helt together by 30 screws from the top, one of them underneath the Corsair logo and another underneath the right hand piece of plastic next to the volume wheel. Goes without saying that voids your warranty and whatnot, as long as you're careful, you can re-use some parts of it or sell them.