The Corsair User Forums

The Corsair User Forums (https://forum.corsair.com/forums/index.php)
-   Keyboards and Mice (https://forum.corsair.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=214)
-   -   Dark Core SE wireless goes to sleep too fast (https://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=188691)

CubicPoison 07-09-2019 04:37 PM

Dark Core SE wireless goes to sleep too fast
 
Does anyone else have this issue or know how to fix it? Recently, my Dark Core SE wireless mouse started going to sleep mode after about 1-2 minutes not in use. I've changed the sleep time in iCUE multiple times to 20 minutes, 30 minutes etc. but it doesn't affect the mouse at all.

Guttleif 07-09-2019 09:18 PM

that is a bug in the icue software I've even let my exchange because of the error. The same again

Gr3GoR 07-10-2019 10:42 AM

same here.
Is Corsair already working on a solution? I'll probably write another ticket ..

Apophis3 07-10-2019 12:23 PM

I've posted a fix about this in another thread, guess you missed it.

The issue is from the profiles. You need to delete you existing soft profiles and remake them, with the desired Sleep setting.

If using HW profile, then update the Sleep setting, and save it to the mouse.

After the firmware update, the Sleep setting was set to being really short.

Broritos 07-11-2019 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Apophis3 (Post 1010789)
I've posted a fix about this in another thread, guess you missed it.

The issue is from the profiles. You need to delete you existing soft profiles and remake them, with the desired Sleep setting.

If using HW profile, then update the Sleep setting, and save it to the mouse.

After the firmware update, the Sleep setting was set to being really short.

This doesn't work. I've already posted i the other thread with an update.
I've realized that every time you plug the cable in to charge the mouse, when you unplug it the sleep settings get changed somehow and the mouse goes to sleep after 3 mins.

Doesn't matter if you save the profile to hardware settings or not.

Apophis3 07-11-2019 12:00 PM

Because when you unplug it is changing profile, because you just changed from wired mode (which will use a soft profile in preference to a HW one) to wireless mode. It's crazy crap like this that drove me crazy, and it was doing this to me as well, until I did the following:

1) Made sure the soft profile is NOT FIRST on the list in iCUE. I moved it to the bottom.
2) I moved my desired hardware profile to being FIRST in iCUE.
3) I made all my changes and saved it to the mouse regarding Sleep settings.

Things worked well, tho I would still get some weirdness on occasion, despite my soft profile matched my HW1 profile, so I did this:

4) To insure this doesn't happen to me again, I simply deleted ALL my soft profiles.

Now I can plug and unplug it all day long and I don't get any changed settings.

Broritos 07-12-2019 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Apophis3 (Post 1010838)
Because when you unplug it is changing profile, because you just changed from wired mode (which will use a soft profile in preference to a HW one) to wireless mode. It's crazy crap like this that drove me crazy, and it was doing this to me as well, until I did the following:

1) Made sure the soft profile is NOT FIRST on the list in iCUE. I moved it to the bottom.
2) I moved my desired hardware profile to being FIRST in iCUE.
3) I made all my changes and saved it to the mouse regarding Sleep settings.

Things worked well, tho I would still get some weirdness on occasion, despite my soft profile matched my HW1 profile, so I did this:

4) To insure this doesn't happen to me again, I simply deleted ALL my soft profiles.

Now I can plug and unplug it all day long and I don't get any changed settings.

Yes, but the whole point of iCUE is for software profiles. I have a profile for lights on and another profile for lights off that I can switch between using the profile switch button on the Dark Core SE.

Either the new iCUE update or the new firmware broke it as this was not happening previously. I should not have to purposely limit the features of my mouse that I paid for just to have a temporary fix. I'm surprised that no Corsair staff has even responded to this thread either.

Apophis3 07-12-2019 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Broritos (Post 1010936)
Yes, but the whole point of iCUE is for software profiles. I have a profile for lights on and another profile for lights off that I can switch between using the profile switch button on the Dark Core SE.

Either the new iCUE update or the new firmware broke it as this was not happening previously. I should not have to purposely limit the features of my mouse that I paid for just to have a temporary fix. I'm surprised that no Corsair staff has even responded to this thread either.

You can turn lights on/off in HW proifiles too and switch between them, using the Power Saving Mode option or with modded Lighting settings. You don't need soft profiles to do this. But hey, if you want to use them, go right ahead. Just delete your existing soft profiles, and remake them, and your sleep issue should go away.

Or not. I don't have this issue anymore with current iCUE and firmware.

As for the mods not replying, I can't speak for them.

Gr3GoR 07-13-2019 03:40 AM

Since the last ICUE update you can no longer adjust the colors individually (the plus sign is missing) so it's not just that the mouse goes into sleep mode too fast. we need a software fix update. and no transitional solutions.

faceline 07-13-2019 05:22 AM

Yep, maybe its more like a software bug. Did you try updating your software or maybe try downgrading it.

Broritos 07-15-2019 04:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by faceline (Post 1011044)
Yep, maybe its more like a software bug. Did you try updating your software or maybe try downgrading it.

It's definitely software related since it started happening from the latest firmware update.

CubicPoison 08-22-2019 04:48 PM

Bumping. This is still an issue.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:25 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.