Corsair Community

h110 doesnt fit on my cpu!

ozzy1925

Hello, i was using my h110 with my i 4770k cpu made a perfect install (followed 1155 socket fitting instructions)motherboard is msi z87 mpower max. I was having very high temperatures.I decided to uninstall my cooler, and when i uninstall it i saw that 1 corner of the cooler(h110) didnt seat on my cpu.I re install it at least 10 times but all the time one corner doesnt fit (i even tried to move the cooler90 degrees still same)and as you can see on the pictures one corner is always out of thermal paste.(and yes i put enough paste on the middle of the cpu) What should i do?Also H110 doesnt come with washers just 2 sided tape for the back plate should i add some washers instead?

http://img694.imageshack.us/img694/1248/rgvl.jpg

http://img543.imageshack.us/img543/9644/95is.jpg

http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/7690/27wf.jpg

No, you don't need washers, this is the cpu that isn't flat over the hole surface, try the stock cooler and look , I am almost 100% sure that you will see the same.

The haswell is a chip that get's very hot.

The middle of the cpu and h110 are making firm contact.

You could spread the tim very thin over the hole cpu area, put the cooler on , keep some pressure on the cooler with your hand and twist the cooler a little bit, then put the screw's in.

The comparison wit the stock cooler is letting you see if the stock cooler has the same print on your cpu as the h110, not for cooling your cpu.

Also like phillyman36 said take a look at your backplate.

We are only want to help you.

If you don't like the temps do a rma.

If you think that the H20 620 is better, sell the H110 and use the H20 620 and be done.

Al Complaints I hear with The H80i/H100i/H110 are with Ivy and haswell cpu's, most with the Haswell.

It could be that the H20 620 put more pressure on your cpu and make your cpu heat spreader push more on your internal chip, making better contact with the chip.

The Ivy and Haswell are known that they have a not so good contact between the chip and heat spreader.

The comparison wit the stock cooler is letting you see if the stock cooler has the same print on your cpu as the h110, not for cooling your cpu.

Also like phillyman36 said take a look at your backplate.

We are only want to help you.

If you don't like the temps do a rma.

If you think that the H20 620 is better, sell the H110 and use the H20 620 and be done.

Al Complaints I hear with The H80i/H100i/H110 are with Ivy and haswell cpu's, most with the Haswell.

It could be that the H20 620 put more pressure on your cpu and make your cpu heat spreader push more on your internal chip, making better contact with the chip.

The Ivy and Haswell are known that they have a not so good contact between the chip and heat spreader.

ok, i understand you want to help but you are suggesting me to check the stock cooler seats on the full on the cpu or not.We all know stock cooler is **** and haswell runs hotter than other chips.If you will be happy i tried that already and stock cooler doesnt tuch %100 and its a fail design.Cpu bracket is not tuching any where.Also why should i rma the cooler for?The result will be the same:The new one wont touch the full surface.It has something to do with the design.And show me where did i said h20 620 better?

Because you said that the h20 620 cools better, t thought then you find the H20 better, my fault.

now like I said earlier, I think that the H20 620 puts more pressure on your cpu and that's why you get better results with the h20 and not with the h110.

I don't know if the H110 has a metallic bracket on the pump, other wise you could bend these legs a little away up, so the h110 have to put more pressure on your cpu.

Originally posted by: Ahtlon

I don't know if the H110 has a metallic bracket on the pump, other wise you could bend these legs a little away up, so the h110 have to put more pressure on your cpu.

DO NOT bend the brackets. Ahtlon , if this is something that you want to do on your own thats fine, but to suggest other users to bend their brackets is only going to void that users warranty . It would be considered user damage and is not covered under the warranty.

Ozzy, what are the pumps RPM's reading?

With the unit running do your temps drop any if you put slight pressure against the cooling block?

Also why should i rma the cooler for?The result will be the same:The new one wont touch the full surface.It has something to do with the design.And show me where did i said h20 620 better?

Sorry, it has absolutely nothing to do with design. There are plenty of these coolers running on plenty of haswell chips with no problems. They are fully compatible.

For my Asus z87 Deluxe I had to remove those double sided sticky pads. Because of the mosfet welding points on the back of the mobo the bracket wouldn't go in all the way. If your case has a cut out on the mobo tray can you take a picture of it(close up)? Also what temps were you getting?

Yeah , I know that this wrong, bending the legs:o: , but like I said, it could be that the H110 doesn't put enough pressure on his 4770k:!:.

I have a friend and he had also the same kind problem with his 3770K and a h80i, after hours of searching to get better temps:(:, we decided to bends the legs like 1mm, you couldn't see that we bend them a litlle and guess what, the temp went down with 8 degrees:D:, conclusion, he had a bad contact between the cpu and cpu head spreader:mad: and the H80i didn't put enough pressure on the cpu.His old cooler a Thermalright 120 extreme did more pressure and had better temps at iddle and load:laughing:.

Now the H80i puts a little bit more pressure on the 3770K and problem solved:cool:.

The H80i still running and cpu still with lower temps.

I doubt that you lose your warrenty on the h80i, because we didn't changed any thing at the pump, fan's or radiator, also we didn't changed any thing to the backplate bracket:confused:.

With legs I mean the Iron bracket that goes over the pump and not the legs from the bracket at the back of the Mobo.

Also the legs on the H80i and H100i bend also a very little bit when you srew them down on the back plate.

For my Asus z87 Deluxe I had to remove those double sided sticky pads. Because of the mosfet welding points on the back of the mobo the bracket wouldn't go in all the way. If your case has a cut out on the mobo tray can you take a picture of it(close up)? Also what temps were you getting?

i put 4 washers on the back bracket of h110 to make better contact on the cpu surface (just like what people does with h100) still getting same temps hottest core which is 85c and coolest is 77c tested with IBT(my cpu is delided)

Archived