Corsair Community

TX750W V2 fan speed

bl4C

Hello,

i've just build a new system with a Corsair TX750v2 (CMPSU-750TXV2EU) power supply, and during the two days installing/testing i've never heard the fan lowering its speed ...

so its seems it runs constantly at 100% fan speed ?

it is clearly moving a lot of air, and by far the loudest component in my PC

i don't mind at all that it would run at 100% fan speed when under load, but it should also spin down when there is not much load (or at low temperatures)

i'm not doing any stress testing, i have tried different windows and mainboard power settings, left the computer idle, ... but nothing would make the fan lower its speed

ambient temperature in the room is about 21°C, and all other components run very cool ... (no stress testing yet, nor OC)

according to the features of the TX750v2, it should have:

An ultra-quiet, 140mm double ball-bearing fan delivers excellent airflow with exceptionally low noise levels by varying fan speed in response to temperature

i can confirm the "excellent airflow" :), but i've still to experience the "exceptionally low noise levels and varying fan speed in response to temperature"

so is there something wrong with my PSU ?

or i'm i doing something wrong myself ?

kind regards,

• 2 weeks later...

hello,

i just received and installed the replacement PSU, sadly enough it behaves excactly the same as the unit i send back as RMA:

also with this new PSU, i never hear the fan lowering its speed ... so again it seems it runs constantly at 100% fan speed ? does it have also a faulty fan controller ?

when RMA'ing something, you would expect that your replacement would be checked, or is that not the case ?

so if i'll send it back again for RMA (if that is even an option), how can i be sure i'll receive a unit with a functional fan controller ?

can you tell me how it should behave ?

is it running at 100% fanspeed ? how can i test that ?

it tested the noise with a decibel meter app:

+/- 50dB (closed case, +/-1m distance, computer at idle)

to be honest, i don't even hear any other sound coming from my computer when it's idle, i only hear the PSU (i have selected silent components for a reason)

i have still a couple of free fan headers on my motherboard, should i try to connect the PSU fan to my motherboard ? (without losing warranty ?)

kind regards,

hello RAM GUY,

this is the original RMA #4932119

i have already notified CS (as a reply in the original RMA) about the replacement unit

do you know if the original PSU i send back had a problem with the fan controller ? (i can imagine that they have not completed the tests on the RMA unit before they send me the replacement ... i think the replacement was shipped just one day after they received my RMA unit)

is there anything i can do to check if this replacement unit has a correct functioning fan controller ?

kind regards,

• 2 weeks later...

hello RAM GUY,

the problem has been solved by Corsair Customer Support, i'm very pleased :)

problems can always occur, that's not bad ... what a company does to get it solved, and how, that is important

i can say the support from Corsair in my case has been outstanding (it took some time, but that didn't really matter in my case)

kind regards and thanks for the great support !

Archived