Corsair Community

OK I am starting to doubt the HX1000W

3ug3n

1 month ago I've ordered a HX 1000 from a vendor outside my town due to the fact that they were the only ones having this particular PSU in their provider's stock, and after 1 week I've sent it back immediately after I realised that it was buzzing like hell in games like L4D2 , main screen and ingame. The vendor told me (after 2 weeks of waiting) that they cannot replace it with a new one from their normal provider, so they gave me 2 options:

1. Buy a new one with extra cash from my side and no guarantee that it won't buzz again in games.

2. Money return in a maximum of 30 days .

Ofcourse I've asked for my money back , and now that I have the money , I'm thinking to buy another Corsair HX 1000 from a vendor that's in my town ( no more shipping problems ) but they told me that other people had problems with Corsair PSU's buzzing and their provider's policy is not to change the PSU if it buzzez because they consider that normal ( WOW ), it's like I'm living in a fkin 4th world country (Yes I live in Romania , the land of choise). I've tested my rig with a 500watt 4 year old PSU and it doesn't buzz that loud like the HX 1000 did,and really , do you find it normal for a 250 bucks PSU to make noise in games?. Nobody wants to take responsibility , I am going insane , and I really don't want any other PSU because this one is the best when it comes to quality/price , not to mention that it matches my blue motherboard RAM, case,LED vents , blue neons etc.

My main question is .... What are the chances for the possible new Corsair HX1000 to buzz in games ?

I've seen other people rigs in other forums and alot of them got 3 ATI 5870 + Corsair HX 1000 , I wanna do that too in the next years , but I can't if it buzzez like hell at only 1 ATI 5870 (200 watts)

And please Corsair , I am begging you, please poke those chinese men to wake up before they glue the capacitors to the PCB because they seem to have done a lousy job and the price we pay is our nerves.

• Corsair Employee

Please review this thread for some more information regarding issues:

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=85166

My main question is .... What are the chances for the possible new Corsair HX1000 to buzz in games ?

If the PSU is causing the problem, a replacement should resolve it. If you get a replacement PSU and you still have the same issues, then the problem is likely caused by some other component.

Just got my 2nd Corsair HX1000 , it's 3 weeks younger than the previous one , and the noise is similar to the first one. 2 bad , I am disappoint Corsair , and don't blame my build , it's pretty common.

Just got my 2nd Corsair HX1000 , it's 3 weeks younger than the previous one , and the noise is similar to the first one. 2 bad , I am disappoint Corsair , and don't blame my build , it's pretty common.

See my post here:

http://forum.corsair.com/v2/showthread.php?t=85674

Is your noise similar to mine? Sadly, it probably IS related to the video card then. Did you try all the suggestions? (Vsync, powersave in BIOS, etc?)

I've tried everything , I lost 1 year of my life span with the stress I got off this PSU and the vendor literally.

The noise is not similar to mine , yours is like a scream of pain , while mine is a high pitch buzz in games.

I've seen lots of people with the Sapphire HD 5870 even in crossfire + Corsair HX1000 and they haven't complained from what I've seen on the other forums.

And yes it's true , HX1000 is CWT (sadly found out about this after the purchase , got lured by the Seasonic trap) , otherwise I'm sure I wouldn't have had this problem.

Just like a side note , my first HX1000 was built in 2009 week 41 , and the 2nd one in 2009 week 44. I'm not even using it right now , I'm staying with the 500w 4 years old PSU that costed 8 times less while the OMG super PSU is sitting in it's box punished.

And I'm not gonna RMA it 2000KM away where Corsair pointed me and pay another 40 bucks for the shipment because I've already spent 100 bucks on the phone bill arguing with the vendor cause they wouldn't swap my PSU although I was right eventually.

Archived