Corsair Community

600T Case / Motherboard wiring issues

rbeckfor

Hi,

I am new to this Forum and also new to PC building.

Having recently bought the 600T as an upgrade to my previous desktop. I am having some difficulty in connecting my system fans (3) to my motherboard. :confused:

There is only a single 4 pin SYS_FAN header on the MB but I have 3 cables to conect to it. Is there some additional items I need?

In addition, does anyone know where the 4 2 pin BLK twin wires connect to?

Thanks in advance :newbie:

Hi Rbeckfor,

You've kind of missed part of the functionality of having the 600t m8 :). Ideally, you connect your Chassis / Sys fans to the Fan Controller on the 600t. You can plug your fans directly onto your motherboard if you wish, but one of the features of having the 600t is the built in fan controller.

The 4 x dual pin (BLK) headers you're talking about is where you plug your 3 pin chassis/sys fans onto m8 :). They are then in turn controlled by the "Fan Controller" on the top centre of your 600t case. Look closely at the little lugs on the 2 pin headers, you'll notice you can plug your chassis / sys fans onto these 2 x pin headers :).

Ensure you plug in the Molex from the 600t onto your PSU also, then all your fans will be controlled by the rotating controller knob on the top of your case.

For your future information also, if you look at your 4 pin header on your motherboard closely, you'll also notice that you can plug a 3 pin plug onto it :), the little plastic lug is there to ensure you plug it onto the correct 3 pins.

Hi Artic_Wolf,

Thank you explaining the functionality for me.

Okay, if I have got this right, the 4X dual (BLK) headers plug into the SYS_FAN pins header on my MB.

Do you have a diagram or pic that shows this connected? I could not see how the three fans connect to the existing case wiring.

I did plug the Molex from the 600T into my PSU. :biggrin:

Any visual guides that you may have would be greatly appreciated. I personally find that initially words and pictures is easier for me to understand in completing my task.

Many thanks

Yup,

4th is spare for whatever you'd like to add to it :). If you need a couple of idea's....

....Many 600t build logs I've seen, seem to like to put either an extra 120mm intake into their 5 1/4" bay and add that to the Fan Controller.

Or, remove the upper HDD Cage. Then mount an additional 120mm fan orientated to blow over the end of their PCIe Graphics Cards, (dependant on room, system specifics, etc obviously). Most simply tie wrap this fan in place using the holes on the underside of the 5 1/4" bay, and the small hole on top of the lower most HDD Cage.

Personally I have done both, but obviously only one of those fans is plugged into the controller.

White fan in the picture if that helps you, as you say, pictures save many words :).

http://i1133.photobucket.com/albums/m586/Arctic_Wolf666/600t%202nd%20attempt/IM000808.jpg

Good luck with your new 600t!! Hope you enjoy building up your new rig with it, and that it meets your expectations. They are indeed a nice and functional case :).

Great that's what I thought. The pictures really make your description so much clearer. I really like your rig - nicely laid out.

It's given me a few ideas on making mine a bit tidier.

Do you have an photos of the cable management at the back of the case? Just wanting to make things more user friendly.

Once again, thank you Artic_Wolf

Rbeckfor,

Glad it's given you some idea's. The braided cabling is a nice touch for "tidying up", and easier to manage than the those thick old cables that come off of the PSU. I've put Corsair's stock H80 fans back on too instead of those Akasa Vipers pictured, as the stock fans have a much better static pressure.

I didn't bother to take any pics of the rear side in all honesty m8 lol. The beauty of the 600t however is it is nice and wide, so cable management at the back side is relatively easy to do.

With access being so easy too, just build your rig up as you go, and route your cables as required. Then, take a step back, look at how you've routed the cabling and tweak it :).

I haven't gone mad with aesthetics of the back side and it is a bit of a mess behind there lol. After all, you're only going to see back there if adjusting something per se ;).

There's plenty of places to tie wrap your cabling too if you look about. I also find some of those re-usable velcro strips come in very handy also for cabling to components you know you may well move, change, remove for cleaning or maintenance etc.

Post a pic when you've completed your build :).

Hi Artic_Wolf

here is my finished Rig - fully operational. Saving up for more RAM and an additional HD. Had a few problems installing the OS but got that sorted out eventually. Now just got to get MS to help with activation issues.

Other than that partitioned my HD and have fully backed up everything.:D:

Once again, thank you for your most valuable help and guidance.

Robin

1914810664_2011-09-3021_50_37.jpg.590c5394a0e78b77c40b419e4e9d146b.jpg

• 1 month later...
ALso new to building a pc. Confused. The sys fan 4 prong connector is for a separate case fan that I would purchase? IT has nothing to do with the psu fan? So if I purchase a separate fan I can plug the 4 pin (I assume) connector into the mobo, power into a molex and have it controlled by the mobo correct? But it is not a necessary thing to have a separate fan controlled here, just in case I want extra cooling? thanks for any help.

Archived