The Corsair User Forums

The Corsair User Forums (https://forum.corsair.com/forums/index.php)
-   iCUE Profiles (https://forum.corsair.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=299)
-   -   K55 Keyboard Ripple effect (https://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=182232)

Jpxq 11-04-2018 01:41 PM

K55 Keyboard Ripple effect
 
So I have recently seen that you can make a ripple effect in the cue but I do not know if it is possible for the k55 keyboard which I have if anyone could send me a profile with this that would be amazing.

krazykid 11-04-2018 03:53 PM

You can't do it with a k55, K55 is simply three zones.

Jpxq 11-04-2018 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by krazykid (Post 978943)
You can't do it with a k55, K55 is simply three zones.

do you think that maybe corsair can set it to each button different i mean even if you look at the rainbow wave that works so i dont understand why the ripple cant be achieved with it i mean i think it would be just a bit of coding unless it is the fact that there is only 3 diodes which i doubt it looks like there is a diode for each button so in my opinion its just coding but dont quote me on it i might be wrong.

krazykid 11-04-2018 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jpxq (Post 978955)
do you think that maybe corsair can set it to each button different i mean even if you look at the rainbow wave that works so i dont understand why the ripple cant be achieved with it i mean i think it would be just a bit of coding unless it is the fact that there is only 3 diodes which i doubt it looks like there is a diode for each button so in my opinion its just coding but dont quote me on it i might be wrong.

Its the way things are wired in the k55 to only do three zones which also makes it much cheaper than individually addressable leds like their more expensive models.

Jpxq 11-04-2018 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by krazykid (Post 978957)
Its the way things are wired in the k55 to only do three zones which also makes it much cheaper than individually addressable leds like their more expensive models.

so in the end i guess the k55 is bad when it comes to lighting? well rip

Jpxq 11-04-2018 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by krazykid (Post 978957)
Its the way things are wired in the k55 to only do three zones which also makes it much cheaper than individually addressable leds like their more expensive models.

that also doesnt explain the reason as to why the rainbow wave works since literally almost all of the leds are different colours

krazykid 11-04-2018 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jpxq (Post 978962)
that also doesnt explain the reason as to why the rainbow wave works since literally almost all of the leds are different colours

Take a close look at the rainbow. The three zones are individually doing a simple rainbow color shift and it gives the appearance of a nice smooth rainbow wave.

Jpxq 11-04-2018 05:31 PM

also what corsair keyboard would u recommend if i were to buy another one something in budget im not the richest xD

krazykid 11-04-2018 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jpxq (Post 978964)
also what corsair keyboard would u recommend if i were to buy another one something in budget im not the richest xD

Strafe RGB for budget.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:14 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.