Corsair Community

Add "OS Shortcuts" option to bind a button from mouse/keyboard

Stompy

I didn't find a "suggestion" sub forum so Ill just post it here, mods please feel free to move it to the correct section if this is not the one.

Seriously Steelseries has this and its really useful, at least for me.

What I mean is being able to copy/paste/close window/show desktop, etc with a single click of a board/mouse button. SSE seems to offer much more options when it comes to binding keys to actions.

This is how it is displayed in SSE:

HtSAoNK.png

I've been wanting to pull the trigger on a Scimitar Pro but the lack of actions to bind to the 12 buttons really makes me doubt.

there is a basic launch application list. Has explorer calculator and some other things like web browser.

The rest are already generally present in windows via hotkeys or shortcuts and the 'run application' feature makes cue/icue able to do literally anything. You don't need to be a rocket scientist either. Happy to help with any specifics?

What I mean is being able to copy/paste/close window/show desktop, etc with a single click of a board/mouse button. SSE seems to offer much more options when it comes to binding keys to actions.

You can set actions to each scimitar button and say:

Copy Macro

Ctrl C

Paste Macro

Ctrl V

Show Desktop Macro

Windows D

Close Window Macro

Ctrl W or Ctrl Q or Alt F4

Let us know what else you were looking to do, I am sure it can be done with CUE or otherwise easily

there is a basic launch application list. Has explorer calculator and some other things like web browser.

The rest are already generally present in windows via hotkeys or shortcuts and the 'run application' feature makes cue/icue able to do literally anything. You don't need to be a rocket scientist either. Happy to help with any specifics?

Never said being a rocket scientist was needed to perform those tasks, it would just be easier to be able to bind those actions if they were already built in ICUE rather than having to make specific macros for it.

You can set actions to each scimitar button and say:

Copy Macro

Ctrl C

Paste Macro

Ctrl V

Show Desktop Macro

Windows D

Close Window Macro

Ctrl W or Ctrl Q or Alt F4

Let us know what else you were looking to do, I am sure it can be done with CUE or otherwise easily

I know it can be done with macros, I just suggested it would be sweet to have those actions built in the software rather than having to record macros.

I know it can be done with macros, I just suggested it would be sweet to have those actions built in the software rather than having to record macros.

Easy to implement but it will add a lot of clutter for options a lot of regular users wont need.

Easy to implement but it will add a lot of clutter for options a lot of regular users wont need.

An "OS Shortcuts" item on the already available dropdown menu of actions doesn't seem like adding a whole lotta clutter to me. It's literally just adding another entry on the current dropwdown list.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Corsair Employee

Hi Stompy,

You don't actually need the macro. Certainly, I will forward this feedback up, see if it's possible.

That being said, if you know the shortcut that you want, you just need to do a Remap Key, and then change Key Function to Keystroke. You can insert the shortcut there, and then assign it to a key. That way you don't have to fiddle around with macros.

Archived