Corsair Community

Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master XMP profile BSOD

exclusivemuppet

Hi All,

I was wondering if you could help me in diagnose a problem I am having with my new build. I am experiencing BSOD's on a regular basis with the memory's XMP profile enabled.

Some of the Stop Codes I am getting are:

• System Service Exception
  • KMOD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED
  • CRITICAL STRUCTURE CORRUPTION

The timing of the memory is in spec with the documentation on the Corsair website, link below

https://www.corsair.com/uk/en/Categories/Products/Memory/Vengeance-PRO-RGB-White/p/CMW16GX4M2C3200C16W#tab-tech-specs

It is worth noting that the even though the part number is the same the DRAM manufacturer (Hynix and Samsung) is different on each 2x 8GB pair. I have tried multiple configurations of the memory such as the list below but I continue to get BSOD's when the XMP is enabled.

• 1x 8GB Samsung(Slots 1) both DIMMS
  • 1x 8GB Hynix(Slots 1)both DIMMS
  • 1x 8GB Samsung(Slots 2)
  • 1x 8GB Hynix(Slots 2)
  • 2x 8GB Samsung(Slots 2/4)
  • 2x 8GB Hynix(Slots 2/4)
  • 4 x8GB Samsung (Slots 2/4) + Hynix (Slots 1/3) and the other way around

I'm just about to pull out the rest of my hair as my memory is stuck at 2133Mhz in order to keep the system stable. Anyone have any suggestion on a resolution?

System Spec

Motherboard - Gigabyte Aorus X570 Master (Bios F6)

CPU - AMD Ryzen 7 3700X

GPU - Nvidia RTX 2070 Super

Memory - 4x Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 8 GB (CMW16GX4M2C3200C16W)

Storage 1 - Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500 GB M.2 NVMe

Storage 2 - Intel 660p 1TB M.2-2280 NVMe

PSU - Corsair AX1000

Latest AMD chipset drivers installed

Hi All,

I was wondering if you could help me in diagnose a problem I am having with my new build. I am experiencing BSOD's on a regular basis with the memory's XMP profile enabled.

Some of the Stop Codes I am getting are:

• System Service Exception
  • KMOD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED
  • CRITICAL STRUCTURE CORRUPTION

The timing of the memory is in spec with the documentation on the Corsair website, link below

https://www.corsair.com/uk/en/Categories/Products/Memory/Vengeance-PRO-RGB-White/p/CMW16GX4M2C3200C16W#tab-tech-specs

It is worth noting that the even though the part number is the same the DRAM manufacturer (Hynix and Samsung) is different on each 2x 8GB pair. I have tried multiple configurations of the memory such as the list below but I continue to get BSOD's when the XMP is enabled.

• 1x 8GB Samsung(Slots 1) both DIMMS
  • 1x 8GB Hynix(Slots 1)both DIMMS
  • 1x 8GB Samsung(Slots 2)
  • 1x 8GB Hynix(Slots 2)
  • 2x 8GB Samsung(Slots 2/4)
  • 2x 8GB Hynix(Slots 2/4)
  • 4 x8GB Samsung (Slots 2/4) + Hynix (Slots 1/3) and the other way around

I'm just about to pull out the rest of my hair as my memory is stuck at 2133Mhz in order to keep the system stable. Anyone have any suggestion on a resolution?

System Spec

Motherboard - Gigabyte Aorus X570 Master (Bios F6)

CPU - AMD Ryzen 7 3700X

GPU - Nvidia RTX 2070 Super

Memory - 4x Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 8 GB (CMW16GX4M2C3200C16W)

Storage 1 - Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500 GB M.2 NVMe

Storage 2 - Intel 660p 1TB M.2-2280 NVMe

PSU - Corsair AX1000

Latest AMD chipset drivers installed

XMP profiles don't always work. If you were having memory instability your OS may have become damaged after multiple BSOD's. Just my recommendation when possible use a test copy of Windows to avoid damaging your primary installation when troubleshooting memory issues.

In the case XMP doesn't work the typical solution is to use AUTO and manually configure your frequency, voltage, and timings. If you're only using two dimms then make sure they are in the primary channel typically slots A2 and B2.

I'm a little lost by your description. Generally you don't want to mix and match kits to avoid compatibility problems. Even when model numbers are the same it is possible for the manufacturer to switch IC's over time and it sounds like what you are observing between memory kits. With Corsair they typically have both model and version numbers from what I have seen. If you intend to mix kits you need to pay attention to both.

You may want to check that you have the latest BIOS/UEFI. If I recall correctly there was some issue among Ryzen boards (not sure if it was limited to x570) with NVMe errors and possibly a bios update may fix your issue if you have OS corruption caused by that.

Hi, I was having similar issues as OP but using Aorus Pro Wifi and leaving it on XMP.

1st set of Vengeance LPX 3200 4x8GBs Rev. 4.32 would BSOD and fail memtest. 2 sticks of 8GBs passed, while the other 2 failed.

Swapped it for set of 2x16GB Rev. 4.32 Vengeance Pro RGBs, was even worse, as it would fail straight away in memtest.

Came across this thread, ended up using Ryzen DRAM calculator with samsung OEM profile and has memtested stable for 4 passes overnight.

Hi, I was having similar issues as OP but using Aorus Pro Wifi and leaving it on XMP.

1st set of Vengeance LPX 3200 4x8GBs Rev. 4.32 would BSOD and fail memtest. 2 sticks of 8GBs passed, while the other 2 failed.

Swapped it for set of 2x16GB Rev. 4.32 Vengeance Pro RGBs, was even worse, as it would fail straight away in memtest.

Came across this thread, ended up using Ryzen DRAM calculator with samsung OEM profile and has memtested stable for 4 passes overnight.

Is the ram you mentioned you're using CMW32GX4M2C3200C16 (ver 4.32)?

If so I have published my complete ram configuration in the link below for several frequencies using AMD Ryzen Zen+ and Zen2 cpu. Knowing what works may help you tweak your settings better although it not clear to me if you have an Intel or AMD system.

https://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=187175&page=2

Is the ram you mentioned you're using CMW32GX4M2C3200C16 (ver 4.32)?

If so I have published my complete ram configuration in the link below for several frequencies using AMD Ryzen Zen+ and Zen2 cpu. Knowing what works may help you tweak your settings better although it not clear to me if you have an Intel or AMD system.

https://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=187175&page=2

Hello, I am using Gigabyte X570 Aorus Pro Wifi with 3700X

Previously had 4 sticks of CMK16GX4M2B3200C16 - Rev. 4.32

2 sticks were okay, 2 would fail in memtest86 when testing each pair individually.

Wasnt sure after being out of O/C game for a long time, so I RMA'ed them and got CMW32GX4M2C3200C16 Rev.4.32 (plus its more bling bling)

The RGB Pros would fail straight away in memtest, using XMP profile and leaving everything on auto.

I came across the other thread on trying out Samsung OEM profile in Ryzen Dram calculator and setting it all manually. Memtested okay overnight after following the guide.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
Running Aorus x570 Master but I have match 4 sticks of Corsair Vengeance pro rgb ddr4(4x16) 64gb 3200Mhz ram. Using bios F7b and running 3200Mhz at 3400Mhz at 1.356v stable.

I have the same board and memory. I can get it to run 3200, but not with XMP, won't boot. I just set the multiplier at 32 and DDR4 fabric infinity at 1600 and left everything in auto including voltage and timings. The problem I have when trying to set timings 16-18-18-18-36 manually i can't boot. It runs stable at 3200 otherwise, but timings are 22-22-22-53 which sucks. What did you do the get it to run stable?

I have the same board and memory. I can get it to run 3200, but not with XMP, won't boot. I just set the multiplier at 32 and DDR4 fabric infinity at 1600 and left everything in auto including voltage and timings. The problem I have when trying to set timings 16-18-18-18-36 manually i can't boot. It runs stable at 3200 otherwise, but timings are 22-22-22-53 which sucks. What did you do the get it to run stable?

Did you try 18-18-18-18-38-64?