Corsair Community

iCUE v3.23.66 Patch Notes

Corsair James

• Corsair Employee

Hi everyone,

Here are the patch notes for v3.23.66:

iCUE v3.23.66 Patch Notes:

• iCUE now supports a HydroX setup wizard if there is a thermistor detected in port 1 on a Commander Pro

• To improve the security of our software application, there is now a signature validation when launching iCUE. Please ensure you have an active internet connection during the startup of iCUE to complete this check for your devices to be properly detected. You do not need an internet connection to continue using iCUE, it is only required on the first initial startup to validate the Windows digital signature. If you do not have access to the internet on your machine, we recommend you continue using iCUE v3.22.

• Resolved a rare crash with CorsairLLAccess.sys

• Resolved an issue that prevented iCUE from starting up with certain AMD Phenom and FX CPUs

• Resolved an issue that prevented iCUE from starting up after a software update

• Resolved an issue with Lighting Effect – Arc not working properly on Hydro Series Platinum Coolers

• Resolved an issue with Vengeance RGB PRO and profile imports

• Resolved an issue with LS100 and Lighting Effect – Video Visualizer when displays are output from two different sources

• Resolved an issue with QL Series Fans not properly showing Front and Rear buttons during resizing of the software

• Resolved an issue with configuring Sleep duration for Harpoon RGB Wireless

• Resolved an issue with iCUE macOS surround sound logos being too large for certain languages

• Resolved an issue with firmware update on K57 RGB Wireless

• Resolved other various minor bugs and issues

Edited by Corsair James

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Install and profiles work fine, only issue is I get a "HYDRO X Detected" button at the bottom left of my iCUE window... I don't have a HYDRO X system, I have an complex EKWB custom loop and use "Temperature port 1" on each of my Commander Pro's to read the temperature of the coolant and my D5 pump is actually connected to "Fan port 3" on the first Commander Pro.

I'll try moving my temperature probes to port 2 on each Commander Pro's to see if the Hydro X detection disappears and report back.

Update: Moving my probes to "Temperature port 2" on each of my Commander Pro's stopped ICUE from displaying the "Hydro X Detected" button so I guess it worked.

Edited by BlaiseP

macros still are broken in k95 when they are stored on action library, my keyboard goes crazy and does macro actions on keys that are not macro programmed, if i store actions on action library, the temporary solution is to delete them defeating the purpose of action library.

Everytime corsair keeps doing stuff worse and worse and wont listen, i was really happy with my k95 and the great possibilities of multitasking and production with the macros, but i guess i have to find my needs somewhere else.

macros still are broken in k95 when they are stored on action library, my keyboard goes crazy and does macro actions on keys that are not macro programmed, if i store actions on action library, the temporary solution is to delete them defeating the purpose of action library.

Everytime corsair keeps doing stuff worse and worse and wont listen, i was really happy with my k95 and the great possibilities of multitasking and production with the macros, but i guess i have to find my needs somewhere else.

I was surprised that given the amount of issues reported about the macro/keyboard problem that this wasn't addressed in the release notes. I guess the issue must more deep-seated than they thought. Until then, keep the Action Library empty if you use an ICUE detected keyboard.

• Corsair Employee

I was surprised that given the amount of issues reported about the macro/keyboard problem that this wasn't addressed in the release notes. I guess the issue must more deep-seated than they thought. Until then, keep the Action Library empty if you use an ICUE detected keyboard.

We weren't able to fix this in time for v3.23 but this will be fixed in v3.24. For those affected, ping me in two weeks and Ill let you try the beta.

• Corsair Employee
Install and profiles work fine, only issue is I get a "HYDRO X Detected" button at the bottom left of my iCUE window... I don't have a HYDRO X system, I have an complex EKWB custom loop and use "Temperature port 1" on each of my Commander Pro's to read the temperature of the coolant and my D5 pump is actually connected to "Fan port 3" on the first Commander Pro.

I'll try moving my temperature probes to port 2 on each Commander Pro's to see if the Hydro X detection disappears and report back.

Update: Moving my probes to "Temperature port 2" on each of my Commander Pro's stopped ICUE from displaying the "Hydro X Detected" button so I guess it worked.

If you click No on the Wizard, it'll never ask you again.

To improve the security of our software application, there is now a signature validation when launching iCUE. Please ensure you have an active internet connection during the startup of iCUE to complete this check for your devices to be properly detected

So what happens if you have systems that are not connected to the internet like we do?

To protect our systems (customers data) we keep them of line completely with no access to the web.

If this blocks us from updating we may have to seek legal advice as this wasnt part of any subject when we purchased your hardware.

If you click No on the Wizard, it'll never ask you again.

Thanks for the info... I kinda suspected that might have been the case but didn't try it. Anyway, I had to reroute/lengthen my probe cables to clean up the back of my PC.

Fun fact: ModDYI "premium sleeved front panel" cables (i.e. reset/power etc.) are exactly right for extending the probe cables for my Phobya inline temperature sensors (I did heat-shrink the push-join though).

• Corsair Employee
To improve the security of our software application, there is now a signature validation when launching iCUE. Please ensure you have an active internet connection during the startup of iCUE to complete this check for your devices to be properly detected

So what happens if you have systems that are not connected to the internet like we do?

To protect our systems (customers data) we keep them of line completely with no access to the web.

If this blocks us from updating we may have to seek legal advice as this wasnt part of any subject when we purchased your hardware.

The only time an internet connection is required is to validate the digital signature. After this is done, you won't need the internet anymore. We understand there may be situations where our users may not have internet access for any number of reasons and will look into an option to bypass signature validation through the OS. If this is a concern right now, then you should stay with iCUE v3.22.

The only time an internet connection is required is to validate the digital signature. After this is done, you won't need the internet anymore. We understand there may be situations where our users may not have internet access for any number of reasons and will look into an option to bypass signature validation through the OS. If this is a concern right now, then you should stay with iCUE v3.22.

Idont understand . For every icue version just one time validate or every restart of pc ?

Ridiculous,Using powerline, which takes a few seconds to connect after logon, delays icue launch,

Using Rigs at lan parties without internet, also means unable to use icue profiles.

Why do corsair always cause more issues every release? should sack their icue manager and get someone who has a clue, instead of coco the clown.

• Confused 1

Im glad im not the only one who sees this as a problem. Myself and my work partner are now lookin into ditching Corsair for alternative options. Turns out it would be cheaper to buy alternative products (keyboards & Mouses for 9 Systems) than it would to build in a system that allows these system onto the internet securely. we will make our decission after Corsairs next release which should be in Jan 2020. Hopefully if enough noise is made Corsair will reverse this crazy move.

I'm on Windows 64 bit.

Everything was working fine this morning. Then I updated iCUE to version 2.23.66, and half my keys started spazzing out on me executing multiple key inputs, even on profiles with no macros or special binds. I know it's the software because if I turn iCUE off, it all works perfectly.

There was an error in installation the first time and it told me to try again. That's when the problem showed up. I did a "Clean Reinstall" where I cleared out the registry, appdata, etc, rebooted, then reinstalled. The problem seemed fixed, but while I was rebuilding my profiles (from scratch... >.>), it started popping up again. Now when I hit some of my number keys on top of my keyboard, this happens:

Escape: 1, and if I hold it down, that just repeats.

Backtick: `99

One: 100

Two: 2--

Three: 3++

Four: 4555555555555555555555554 and that repeats until I hit four again.

Five through = are all fine.

I tried uninstalling and going back to version 3.22.74 but the issue persists.

Suggestions?

Have to say, while I'm sure there are legitimate security issues you are trying to mitigate here...making a local PC cooling solution (and all other features for that matter) dependent on the "internet" - even just for startup, seems like a terrible idea.

Security often has to be balanced against user experience, I get that - but the day my internet is working properly, and as an additional consequence iCue suite and functionality don't work too...that's the day I get angry with Corsair and this design decision.

*edit*

Also, this is not like Steam not launching and I can't play games if the internet is down - obviously all sorts of software is affected in this way. Having a software product that manages hardware not work - that's not acceptable to me.

Edited by rascaluk

fwiw, I was having the macro key issue on K95 since last update. Simply updating iCue did not resolve the keys from spazzing out.

But I noticed that after updating to this version, that the offending macros now show up as entries in actions library accordion (not the actions accordion), for the K95. I removed them and my ESC key macro issue appears to be resolved.

Updated from 3.22.74 to 3.23.66 and eminently lost connection to my Vengeance RGB PRO RAM sticks.

Edit: And as above it detects Hydro series while I have nothing like that connected. Do have EKWB custom loop but have a looptemp sensor from alphacool connected to Commander Pro, probe slot 1.

Edit2: 2 Reboots later and RAM is detected again.

Edited by Noreru

I'm on Windows 64 bit.

Everything was working fine this morning. Then I updated iCUE to version 2.23.66, and half my keys started spazzing out on me executing multiple key inputs, even on profiles with no macros or special binds. I know it's the software because if I turn iCUE off, it all works perfectly.

There was an error in installation the first time and it told me to try again. That's when the problem showed up. I did a "Clean Reinstall" where I cleared out the registry, appdata, etc, rebooted, then reinstalled. The problem seemed fixed, but while I was rebuilding my profiles (from scratch... >.>), it started popping up again. Now when I hit some of my number keys on top of my keyboard, this happens:

Escape: 1, and if I hold it down, that just repeats.

Backtick: `99

One: 100

Two: 2--

Three: 3++

Four: 4555555555555555555555554 and that repeats until I hit four again.

Five through = are all fine.

I tried uninstalling and going back to version 3.22.74 but the issue persists.

Suggestions?

My issue seems to be resolved by doing a clean install of version iCUESetup_3.21.88_release

There are no issues here so far with this version.

• Corsair Employee

Just to clarify, the check only occurs ONCE and only during initial startup. After that, you won't need to do the check again.

We are investigating how to change this behavior and maintain driver signature integrity. I'll let everyone know the updates as we work on this.

Just to clarify, the check only occurs ONCE and only during initial startup. After that, you won't need to do the check again.

We are investigating how to change this behavior and maintain driver signature integrity. I'll let everyone know the updates as we work on this.

Still once too many per startup. Some software providers do this too but they only do online validation once every 14 days or something. Even once a day is a lot less than one per startup.