Corsair Community

Brand new RM650i PSU keeps coming opened

Anti-static

For the last couple of months I’ve been trying to get Corsair RM650i PSU from Finnish retailers and the fourth and the last one is even registered on Corsair web site as an official reseller. I'm on my fourth unit from the fourth retailer but the product keeps coming opened. The original packaging from all retailers wasn’t completely wrapped in plastic like many other Corsair products. There were just two tapes sealing both flaps of the sleeve box. I own Corsair H110i CPU cooler as well as Corsair RM550x PSU and both came completely wrapped in plastic. Upon opening the sleeve box I find that the product seal on cardboard box of all units was CUT, not broken during transportation (which didn’t happen with my RM550x) but cut! And finally, the PSUs are supposed to be packed not only in a plastic bag but also inside black felt bag, which was the case with my RM550x and which is missing for all RM650i units. I also made unboxing videos for all units. Please also follow these two links to see my points for yourself:

[ame]

[/ame]

https://www.techpowerup.com/review/corsair-rm650i/3.html

I have discussed this problem with the last retailer for a month before placing an order with them. They don’t keep these units in stock so they had to order one for me straight from supplier. The third retailer, the one before them, assured me that they’ve got 4 of these units straight from supplier as well, that my unit didn’t have registered returns and even shared photos from their video cameras in the warehouse when the units they received were being packed for distribution.

Does anybody have any reasonable explanation for this phenomenon? Who and why would need to tamper with manufacturer’s packaging and even remove part of the packaging assuming that Corsair still packs RM650i inside additional black felt bag?