Corsair Community

Air Series Problem

Jedson3614

Title states it all. I'm running the latest corsair link, and I'm using an h100i with static pressure fans rated for 2350 rpm. I understand a 10 +- variance, but something is off. Corsair link states max rpm for each fan on radiator is slightly different one is 2084 while other is 2035. No worries I guess but then if you think about the max rpm being 2350 and a 10 percent difference those max speeds make no sense to me. I'm taking 2350 times .10 which gives me about a 235 difference in variance. Well my max rpm's are much much lower than that. Could someone please help me elaborate what might be wrong with my fans. Are my fans defective ?

I've read this corsair forum and I have the same exact problem.

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=120581

Could anyone point me in an honest direction, if this is a known issue fine, but I saw no fix or anyone stating anything, and I find it odd I have the same exact issue.

Try powering the fans off a motherboard fan header,then in the BIOS, turn off any FAN control so they can get full power and see what RPM they get to.

My SP120's run pretty much as advertised off the pump block or a motherboard header.

Cheers

Title states it all. I'm running the latest corsair link, and I'm using an h100i with static pressure fans rated for 2350 rpm. I understand a 10 +- variance, but something is off. Corsair link states max rpm for each fan on radiator is slightly different one is 2084 while other is 2035. No worries I guess but then if you think about the max rpm being 2350 and a 10 percent difference those max speeds make no sense to me. I'm taking 2350 times .10 which gives me about a 235 difference in variance. Well my max rpm's are much much lower than that. Could someone please help me elaborate what might be wrong with my fans. Are my fans defective ?

I've read this corsair forum and I have the same exact problem.

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=120581

Could anyone point me in an honest direction, if this is a known issue fine, but I saw no fix or anyone stating anything, and I find it odd I have the same exact issue.

I find that Corsair Link doesn't exactly know what the max RPM is. Case in point is my video card fan. I set a profile up to ramp up under load, but unfortunately, CL didn't know what the max was. After i set the fan to 100% manually, the "max RPM" updated in the Info for the fan.

Too bad the fan profile wouldn't work correctly. Causing my GPU temps to skyrocket to 90C without the fan kicking in. Found it easier to adjust by percentage. 65% during idle, 85-100% during gaming. Just have to remember to adjust it.

Archived