Corsair Community

My first open loop liquid cooling build

threebills9909

Well I threw a build together and wanna build an open loop liquid cooler(more than likely 2) for the CPU AND GPU'S(2).My question is just that,i plan on cooling a 4790k and 2 msi gtx 970's.From what i researched it would probably be better to run 2 separate loops,1 for the 4790k and 1 for the 2 gtx 970s.My main concern is the pump...i want to make sure the pump is powerful enough if i were to run it all on 1 loop.Or should i run the 2 separate loops?i checked out radiator specs and for eh money i think im going with:

XSPC DDC Photon Reservoir/Pump Combo, 270mm(x2)

Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 Full Copper 240mm Radiator

Alphacool NexXxos Monsta Radiator 140

This looks like what will fit in the case,i would have done 2x 240 mm rads,but dont think it can work,so i will have 1 of each of them on a dedicated loop,and i got the 140 monsta to make up for the difference of heat dissipation.

so should i use the 240 mm for the 2 GTS 970S And the 140 mm rad for the 4790k?Or the other way around?Or will it not cool well enough that i have to get a 240 mm rad for each loop?

and i plan on over clocking the chip and the cards.

below is the build....thank you for anyone who takes the time to reply.

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/threebills/saved/#view=zJkZxr

Oh, sorry, i didnt put the right link, its under ultimate build 9/27,im using the nzxt switch 810 case.and that sounds even better if i could get away with 1 loop, do you suggest as a rad 3 x 120 sound good? And would it matter as far as having the fluid enter the cpu right after the rad? Or have it hit the GPU S coming out of the rad first? Does it matter?i heard people complain of having hot water run over the cpu/gpu is a bad idea, and thanks for the reply

Also is it better to have 2 seperate rads to run between the blocks so the water is cooled before it hits it?

Archived