Corsair Community

iCUE Not Detecting Hardware

puntoboy

Hello,

I have just replaced the hard drive in my PC and performing a clean install of Windows 10. Installed iCUE but it's not detecting the H100i V2 or the Vengeance Pro RGB RAM in the system. My system is the following spec

Intel Core i7 7700k CPU

16GB (2x8GB) Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB RAM

MSI X270 PC Mate motherboard

Crucial 2.5" 240GB SSD

Corsair H100i V2 AIO

I found an article on the Corsair website that suggested there is a conflict with MSI Mystic Light, so I uninstalled that and rebooted but it made no difference. I then removed iCUE, rebooted and reinstalled it with the same result.

Device manager is showing the Corsair USBXp Driver and the Corsair composit virtual device. I checked these were removed when iCUE was uninstalled and they were. I've also tried uninstalling them and letting the system reinstall them with iCUE installed. None of this has worked.

I am stumped. This was working perfectly before I changed the hard drive and reinstalled Windows. Any ideas?

Did you install the MSI motherboard drivers, including any USB support drivers? On my MSI board, before I installed the drivers, my iCUE devices were either not showing up at all or were reporting weird numbers (like non-existent fans reporting huge RPM numbers, etc.) After I installed the motherboard drivers, especially the USB drivers, all worked perfectly. My guess is that the default Windows drivers and the iCUE hardware or software do not play well together.

Have you tried completely removing Link4 completely from your system (including the UsbX driver, and data) and then installing the latest version of iCUE? I don't remember if the latest version included the drivers necessary to run the H100i v2, but it is worth a shot.

On a previous build, I used the H100i (first version) and it worked once I installed Link4 and then iCUE, but only in Windows 10. I could never get the software to work correctly in Windows 7 so I resorted to using a different piece of software to control it, which worked fine. If you wish, I can PM you a link to the software in question if you want to give it a try. The developer had an ongoing conflict with Corsair so I'd rather not name it in public, but it does work, so at the very least it can be used as a diagnostic tool.

• 1 month later...