The Corsair User Forums

The Corsair User Forums (https://forum.corsair.com/forums/index.php)
-   Audio (https://forum.corsair.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=207)
-   -   Void Pro Wireless 7.1 static noise. (https://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=172286)

Cantas 11-10-2017 12:23 PM

Void Pro Wireless 7.1 static noise.

Hey,

i bought the Corsair Void Pro Wireless 7.1 a week ago. But i have all the time static noise in the background which goes on everytime the headset receives sound.

I tried multiple usb slots 3.0/2.0 and EQ settings. But i cant fix it.
I think the problem is the Corsair Utility Engine. If i uninstall it the background noise disappears.

But i want to use 7.1 so i need another way to fix it. Anyone know another way to fix my problem? Maybe with an older version of the driver or something else?

Reefboi16 11-11-2017 11:49 AM

Void pro rgb usb

So I am having a bit of an issue with my headset when playing games or listening to music I can hear the sound quality drop for a second and go right back. I think its switching from Surround to Stereo. I have voice prompts on and when the sound changes nothing is being prompted. Its not a profile switch either because I don't get the profile switch beep and I can see the profile itself is not changing. Not to mention I have wiped CUE and reinstalled and did not add any profiles.

Any body have any ideas?

Corsair Nick 11-13-2017 02:24 PM

Does the static sound occur in multiple programs, or is it a specific one? Which version of CUE are you currently running?

Corsair Nick 11-13-2017 02:30 PM

Does the sound quality still change intermittently if you exit and close CUE? Which version do you currently have installed?

Reefboi16 11-13-2017 05:28 PM

I want to check once again see if it happens with CUE closed but I have the latest installed 2.19.65. I will make sure to test that when I get home. I have deleted cue and all its settings and did a fresh install of CUE to see if it was something I did wrong but the problem was still there. Will test out of CUE today.

Cantas 11-13-2017 05:34 PM

The sound is in multiple programs, everytime it plays a sound i can hear it. If the sound from the main program is quiet enough. Im using version 2.19.65

vince_2233 11-13-2017 06:35 PM

I am having the same problem except i'm using the wired version and every time i installed the corsair engine is when i noticed the static noise

Corsair Nick 11-14-2017 03:16 PM

Can you guys attach your system specs? Also, try performing a force firmware update through the Global Settings (gear wheel) at the top mid of the CUE program window. Also, which software are you guys experiencing the static in?

Piquichu 11-15-2017 03:36 AM

Same problem

My hardware:

gigabyte b75m-d3h
i5 3470
8Gb Ram DDR3 1333mhz
shappire Rx 470 4Gb

Software:

Windows 10 Professional Falls Update
CUE 2.19.65

The static noise start when i install CUE :c

Corsair Nick 11-15-2017 03:12 PM

Do you have the mic and sidetone muted or turned on in the CUE software when you hear static? What happens if you plug the headset into a different PC/Laptop?

Piquichu 11-15-2017 04:02 PM

yes.. i have the mic and sidetone muted and if i dont have muted, the static sound still here

And i try to plug my headset in my laptop and when i install CUE the static sound start..: (:

Berchia 11-15-2017 10:11 PM

I had this issue with my H2100 when i first picked it up, The "Microphone Check" aka Voice Loopback was turned on in the Corsair App

Alternatively, Right click the Sound Icon at the Bottom Right of windows->recording devices->select your mic->select the "Listen" tab and make sure "Listen to this device" is unchecked.
^^Also while you're here make sure that the device is set to default for both Voice AND Audio

Piquichu 11-16-2017 04:52 AM

I've also checked that and it does not work

and from what I see I'm not the only one who happens in the forum

and I'm not the only one whit this problem wtf

I changed my first void in case they were defective, but with these happens the same

sorry for my bad english

MareSEphemeral 11-16-2017 03:49 PM

Got the same identical trouble. Got it (Half) solved by zeroing the equalizer sliders, the blank noise is barely there when there are other sounds, still annoying when you try to keep sounds very soft, but at least you can use the 7.1 settings. I hope that corsair will push an update for either firmware or software fixing this issue soon

Piquichu 11-17-2017 09:36 AM

I hope that happens ...