Corsair Community

iCue stops detecting LL fans after I shut down and Rgb not working

dnelsonn

So I just got the LL120 fans in the 3x pack. everything is plugged in correct and the fans spin but the lights won't turn on. found a hotfix that solves the issue, but every time I shut down my computer the lighting will no longer be working. iCue will sometimes recognize the lighting node pro, but if i try an update it will just disconnect and will no longer recognize the device.

is this a problem with iCue? the lighting node pro? is there any permanent fix to this? I'm already tired of opening up my PC to flash firmware onto the lighting node pro every single day since i've gotten the fans. there's got to be an actual fix to this

here's a link to the usbdeview, and attached is the system info log if that helps

https://imgur.com/a/MJNMN8X

corsair sys info log.zip

Try a couple of things.

1) Disable Windows Fast Startup (https://www.windowscentral.com/how-disable-windows-10-fast-startup)

2) Disable Fast Boot in your BIOS

3) Enable or Disable XHCI Handoff, again in the BIOS.

Rather than going through the firmware update via the pinhole, as a troubleshooting step, disconnect and reconnect the USB cable to the Lighting Node Pro instead. If that fixes things, then it does confirm that it's a USB initialization issue, which the above should address.

Try a couple of things.

1) Disable Windows Fast Startup (https://www.windowscentral.com/how-disable-windows-10-fast-startup)

2) Disable Fast Boot in your BIOS

3) Enable or Disable XHCI Handoff, again in the BIOS.

Rather than going through the firmware update via the pinhole, as a troubleshooting step, disconnect and reconnect the USB cable to the Lighting Node Pro instead. If that fixes things, then it does confirm that it's a USB initialization issue, which the above should address.

So I tried all of that, and it didn't fix the lighting. Is the light node pro just bad and would getting the commander pro potentially fix the issue? I disabled the first 2 and tried it with XHCI enabled and disabled with nothing changing. Fans spin but no RGB.

Did you disconnect and reconnect the USB cable? And, to confirm, iCUE doesn't recognize the LNP at all, correct?

I did. Should I disconnect while the pc is on or off? I'll try again both ways to make sure. And yes icue does not recognize the LNP at all.

OK. Next thing ... if you have a mini USB cable laying around, can you connect that to the LNP and then route it around to the back of the case? I'd like to see if we can determine if it's the cable or if it's the LNP itself. Either way, you will likely want to contact support.

OK. Next thing ... if you have a mini USB cable laying around, can you connect that to the LNP and then route it around to the back of the case? I'd like to see if we can determine if it's the cable or if it's the LNP itself. Either way, you will likely want to contact support.

unfortunately i don't think i have any mini usb cables lying around. I know it's not either of my usb headers as I had my nzxt cooler plugged into both since i tried to see if one of my headers was bad but both worked with the cooler just fine. seems to just be an issue with the LNP. yeah at this point i think i'll just have to do that.

Archived