Corsair Community

PSU burned out today - Warranty still cover?

davidm71

Hi,

Today I pressed the power button on my Psu and heard a 'Sssst'! sound from inside the case along with some smoke and burned smell coming from my Ax1200. Tested the psu with a psu tester and it failed all tests. Luckily the machine is still working. Was able to get it going again with an old PC Power and Cooling PSU.

As I understand the warranty is 7 years. If I am 7 years a 9 days out I guess I have to buy a new one?

Thanks.

Hi,

Today I pressed the power button on my Psu and heard a 'Sssst'! sound from inside the case along with some smoke and burned smell coming from my Ax1200. Tested the psu with a psu tester and it failed all tests. Luckily the machine is still working. Was able to get it going again with an old PC Power and Cooling PSU.

As I understand the warranty is 7 years. If I am 7 years a 9 days out I guess I have to buy a new one?

Thanks.

I'd go ahead and put in a ticket. What's the worst that can happen? They say that you are out of luck. Or ... who knows ... maybe you'll get lucky. Give it a shot; it can't hurt and you've got nothing to lose. Just make sure that you provide the original receipt.

Archived