Corsair Community

About the 1.2 update, what exactly is the 16.8 milion color mode?

Hi,

First of all, thank you Corsair for this update, the lock bug that freezes the LEDs has been fixed which is awesome!

Also, a 16.8 milion color mode has been implemented, my question is: what is this exactly and in what way do I benefit from this?

I currently have this mode activated but I don't really notice any differences. I know that RGB has 16.8 colors but what exactly is this mode and how does it change the LEDs?

Thank you for your time :)

Profiles made before the latest update will look exactly the same, even in 16.8 million color mode. I have also noticed that new profiles made in 16.8 million color mode, using the wave and ripple effect look very much the same as before ... but those made with gradient are astoundingly beautiful.

Profiles made before the latest update will look exactly the same, even in 16.8 million color mode. I have also noticed that new profiles made in 16.8 million color mode, using the wave and ripple effect look very much the same as before ... but those made with gradient are astoundingly beautiful.

The profile will look different, depends on if they enable the option or not.

So before the update the keyboard wasn't capable of displaying all 16.8 million colors which caused gradients or fading to have a stepping. With the new update they added a mode that will allow you to have the 16.8million only downside being there's a very slight flickering issue when using any fading or gradients. If you're just using simple profiles stick to not having the 16.8million on to avoid any of the flicker.

Archived