Corsair Community

Rm850X briefly powering on then turning off after changing over from an AX1200

Emicho

So as the title states I'm getting a short burst of power then it shuts off as if its shorting out. I did the paperclip test and the new 850 works fine as far as that is concerned. Now on to details, basically i bought the psu today as mine has been dying out slowly. After trying to swap cables on to the new psu, I figured both were corsair so it would be an easy swap... I was wrong, i noticed that my atx cable is four pins short. I also had to change my pci-e cables out and my cpu cable. everything plugged into the equipment itself just fine but obviously there is some type of issue im not seeing here. When i put the psu in the standby mode (switch on but power button not depressed) my gpu is giving my the lights saying its receiving power but for some reason my mobo isnt giving me anything, no beep or lights. So I'm guessing it has something to do with that.

Any help some of you wizards can offer would be greatly appreciated.

• Corsair Employee

You need to make sure you are using ONLY the cables that came with the new power supply. the RM850x and the AX1200 have completely different pinouts and the cables are not compatible at all. The cause of your issue is more than likely using the older and incompatible cables from your previous PSU.

Just because it is the same manufacturer does not mean it is the same exact cables. You should never use cables from another power supply without first confirming they will work together.