Corsair Community

H100i 1st gen vs latest H100 RGB Platinum - Bracket

Salsiccia

Quick dumb question here :-)

I currently have an old H100i 1st gen cooler which I am about to replace with a new H100i RGB Platinum model. This is an LGA-2011 socket.

Dumb question - is the mounting bracket going to be the same with the new cooler? I'm hoping so, then its a simpler task of pop off the old cooler and pop on the new one.

TIA

Sal

Probably not, although you may need to clarify if you are buying the H100i Pro or the H100i Platinum. However, if you are going to be installing this on a 2011/v3 socket, it shouldn't matter. Those have their own backplate and you simply screw it down with 4 mounting posts. Easiest installation ever.

Probably not, although you may need to clarify if you are buying the H100i Pro or the H100i Platinum. However, if you are going to be installing this on a 2011/v3 socket, it shouldn't matter. Those have their own backplate and you simply screw it down with 4 mounting posts. Easiest installation ever.

Sooooo..... when I said "... with a new H100i RGB Platinum model ..." I'm really hoping that what's in the box will be the Platinum model - lol !!! I'm sure it will be fine - the original H100i went on with no drama so I'm quite sure the Platinum one will be the same story :-)

To answer my own question - the manual for my new H100i RGB Platinum says "Note" Intel LGA 2011 and LGA 2066 does not require backplate installation".

Since mine is an LGA2011 I take this as being that the new one should just pop straight into the current mount stand-offs. (Current H100i has no special backplate either)

So all should be well :-)

Archived