Corsair Community

H100i platinum RGB, no usb2 header on motherboard

h2lium

Hi guys,

quick question, i just bought and installed H100i platinum RGB (ref. : CW-9060039-WW) , however i don't have USB2 header onto my motherboard (asus Z270i strix mini itx)

i do however have a USB 3.1 female header on to that motherboard, please refer to this image for more info on the connector :

dacd5f2852c325ec67bab6506d294c0bda8af6cc.jpg

is it possible to provide a micro usb to that USB 3.1 header cable instead of the one supplied in the box please?

or at the worse indicate me an adapter?

I've looked through the threads here and i do not wish to plug a mini usb to usb cable and route it through the outside of the case to a usb connector at the back.

You should really consider providing other type of cables in your box as the USB 2 normal header tends to disappear on the motherboards....

thanks in advance for the help

Having the USB 2 header is still more common than not. In fact, starting around the time of the z370 series, they seem to have started going back to 2 USB 2.0 headers on ATX sized boards. Still ... the days when you had 4 USB 2.0 header (like on my old z77) seem to be gone. It's ridiculous, IMHO. And one of the challenges with an ITX board is just the simple lack of space for one.

As for an adapter, there are adapters out there for USB 3.0 => USB 2.0 as well as adapters for internal USB 3.0 => USB-A. It's not ideal but it's the best that I can suggest right now.

hello and thanks for the reply,

but that would mean i would lose the USB 3.0 ports that i use for the two USB i have on front of the case which is not an option.

Can i just temporarily plug the micro USB from the pump to a standard usb port at the back of the mainboard, and when configuration is done with iCue software just remove it ? will everything be stored (fan settings, RGB, etc...) ?

IIRC, you can save the fan settings to the pump but not the RGB. You do have to specifically do that in iCUE - it's under the "hamburger menu" when you have the cooler selected.

how do you save the fan settings in to the pump without iCUE?

Archived