Corsair Community

[F120] Performance in Crystal mark info.

Kriss

Hi Corsair Folks,

i have a question for which i did not found any answer here.

Why is the performance in Crystal Disk Mark dropping where the performance in ATTO is remaining constant. Is the actual performance on my SSD dropping or is it just some software display error.

I am currently running firmware ver. 1.1 and default win 7 drivers.

At first results in Crystal Disk mark and ATTO were the same, now you can see it for yourself in the attached Shots....

F120_current_performance_ATTOv2_34.jpg.4dabbdb3722e214bb0207ee8851b8686.jpg

F120_Current_Performance_CrystalDiskMark_v3.0.jpg.9d8099047bf7eb103eeb0cb0d7fc777c.jpg

Hi YB,

thanks for the rapid answer. The link what you have posted in concerning info issues with Crystal Disk INFO and i am asking about Crystal disk MARK. There for I kind of don't find my answer in that link.:(:

Ooops.

ATTO and CDM use different types of data for their testing. The original specifications for the drives were determined and validated using ATTO. So, comparing the 2 will not be useful.

Also, 2 things to keep in mind.

1. Repeated benchmarking is not good for SSD health. It places increasingly larger portions of the SSD blocks into an used or filled state which will necessitate cleaning manually via a secure erase or cleaning via TRIM. If you are not having issues, I'd suggest you limit your benchmarking.

2. As an SSD gets more filled, the performance will slow. Benchmarking rapidly speeds this process.

As with SMART data, if you are not having issues, ignore these utilities.

So you are telling me that if the SSD stays occupied with a constantly amount of data and I run a Crystal Mark test on it. After wards if i want to run again the same test and want to get the same result i have to let first the TRIM function to do its job for a certain amount time before running the same test. Otherwise I'll get worse results... Am i getting you right ?

So you are telling me that if the SSD stays occupied with a constantly amount of data and I run a Crystal Mark test on it. After wards if i want to run again the same test and want to get the same result i have to let first the TRIM function to do its job for a certain amount time before running the same test. Otherwise I'll get worse results... Am i getting you right ?

Yes this is true but even TRIM cannot save you from long-time degradation that is inevitable as well.

Archived