Corsair Community

Commander Pro Quesiton

hastegag

Hope this is not a duplicate, however I am a little confused by the new commander pro, can someone answer how the two USB connections then get to the mobo? Is it just re routed for cable management purposes?

Is it a necessary interstitial for the link software to work? That question is less relevant, but I have two machines where I have front USB 2 ports that I would like active rather than not, but I lack enough USB connections on the motherboard and I only seem to be seeing PCIE USB 3 connections on newegg etc. Are there other options to connect these extra USB 2's to my motherboards and would I be doing myself a favor by getting a commander pro?

The page says:

"Two USB 2.0 internal headers

Connect your CORSAIR LINK devices while only occupying one USB 2.0 header on your motherboard."

what magical mystery is this that they can jive both ports...are there downsides? Is it a power limitation? I probably would never encounter such a thing as don't always use more than one or two, but a lot of times, i just put a usb in the front and I dont want to have to think about which one it is if speed isn't a factor.

Advice appreciated as I have this question for two machines, so buying two commander pros would not be an inexpensive proposition for a minor matter.

I believe this refers to the fact that you can connect two Corsair Link devices to the Commander Pro - which, itself, connects via one USB header on your motherboard.

Yes that's true but it's just a USB2 hub. You can connect whatever USB2 cables (like case front USB2 ports) into it. It is not limited to additional Corsair Link devices but the 2 ports can certainly be used for that.

Yes that's true but it's just a USB2 hub. You can connect whatever USB2 cables (like case front USB2 ports) into it. It is not limited to additional Corsair Link devices but the 2 ports can certainly be used for that.

Sweet so it sounds like if i got one of these the two usb 2s can plug into it and and outgoing usb 2 single connects to the mobo providing power and connectivity to both. I think i might do it for one of the two pc's I wanted to add the extra front ports to

Sweet so it sounds like if i got one of these the two usb 2s can plug into it and and outgoing usb 2 single connects to the mobo providing power and connectivity to both. I think i might do it for one of the two pc's I wanted to add the extra front ports to

FWIW, I will likely get a commander pro in the future (budgeting / don't need it yet) but for now i grabbed two 2x USB headers to single USB header splitters from amazon for this purpose.

Archived