Corsair Community

MASSIVE Issues with ICue

CaptianPlut0

So. My Corsair k95 just arrived recently, after battling with the software for over two hours, I have come to one of two realizations. either the software is ridiculously broken, or I am inept.

Here's my most aggravating problem: It kind of bundles into two slightly separated problems.

1. My current profile with switch to the default profile without prompt, even though i've cleared all of the "Link profile to a program" options.

2. Importing other peoples profiles flat out doesn't work. after importing a .cuefolder file, ICUE crashes. once it's rebooted it loads the profiles i'm trying to import, but once I open up the list of profiles, I see this:

iCUE_6G1SwJATMh.png.0be543fc3354768353c13a02c81b0cb8.png

The three profiles with the sd card looking icons are just the default profiles that the keyboard comes with, and whenever I try to switch to them, within 10 seconds the profile just switches back to the default one anyway.

I really need some help, I'm really unhappy with my experience so far. I really hope its just me and not the actual software that's just that inept.

1) the default profile is what you drag to the top of the list and that is also how you control it. You can delete the automatically generated default profile or re-name it if you set it up.

2) you may be attempting to load older CUE 2 profiles. The crash on import for those happens to me as well. Unclear if it is unintentional or a reality of recent changes to make sharing CUE 3 profiles (iCUE) easier between people with different hardware.

3) the SD icon or Hardware Profiles (K95P HW1, HW2, HW3) are not usable software profiles. That space is the place to create and store the profiles you can use when iCUE is not running. It is done this way because you obviously can’t take the vast number of options the software and your cpu can handle, then stuff it into the keyboard and the little chip in there could do the same. The HW profiles will guide/correct you when you try to add an effect that will not work in hardware mode. Just push these to the bottom of your list. Note: you must actively save the HW profile to a slot on the keyboard after you create it. It is not automatic HW1->Slot 1.